Looking for the best surgeon to fix my nose, inside and out!

I have always had a cosmetic issue with my nose then I had an accident several years ago which made it worse. The left side of my nose has a collapsed nostril, the bridge is a mess from the swimming accident. I have wanted to have this repaired for years and as many photos as I have seen I have never seen my problem. I need to find a surgeon who can help me love my nose.

Rhinoplasty nasal collapse

Rhinoplasty is often functional and cosmetic.  Often in nature things that looks good often works well. Rhinoplasty for more than just reduction requires more skill and experience. Cartledge grafts along the midlline of the nose help to straghten appearance and inprove function.My practice has focused on Rhinoplasty and honestly it keeps improving but with rising demands upon the skill of the surgeon. If this is your first attempt, the avalibility of using your own septal cartledge makes it the best chance for sucess. 

Good Luck

Smythe Rich, MD

Facial Plastic Surgeon

Columbia,SC

Columbia Facial Plastic Surgeon

The chosen one, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.I usually tell my patients that the first step for a safe plastic surgery is to choose a board certified aesthetic and reconstructive plastic surgeon. This should have a personal website containing details of his professional biography and some photos of the procedures performed. Your plastic surgeon should be  transparent and a honest person with you, with ethical and human values, and especially with good reputation and history. Also, it's much better if this doctor have special training and experience in procedures like the one you're interested. Finally, i invite you to send your photos to give you more information of interest for you. Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-        

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty for the broken nose

A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish straitening a broken nose from the several traumatic accidents that occurred. A closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish making the changes with all of the incisions placed on the inside of the nose. The dorsal hump can be shaved down, bridge line straightened and narrowed, and the tip adjusted if needed. Since the nose is a three-dimensional structure, a full set of facial photographs are required to make a judgment about what can and cannot be accomplished.  In addition, computer imaging can be performed to give the patient an idea of what  your new nose would look like. For more information and many examples of broken nose repair in our practice, please see the link and the video below

Nose

grdane2000, especially when it comes to noses see a facial specialist and make sure he/she has grey hair and can show you a lot of their own photos, which should be good by the way. See the movie. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty surgeon?

see a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does noses that you like. Make sure the surgeon is very experienced and can show you pictures of multiple noses and revisions that he has done. 

Rhinoplasty

If you want to stay  local then you should look at the ASPS or ASAPS websites to find a surgeon near you. Best of luck.

Thanks for your inquiry.

Please consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon whose aesthetics align with your own as you review their "before and after" gallery.
Best of luck to you.

Ram Kalus, MD
Mount Pleasant Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Goals

A rhinoplasty specialist will be able to comprehensively address the issues you have with your nose, both cosmetic and functional. While there are a variety of approaches and techniques employed by various surgeons, it is up to you to do your due diligence to find a rhinoplasty specialist in order to achieve the best results possible. Using autologous grafts (tissue and cartilage from your own body) will provide the safest and most permanent results. Looking at computer-morphed images with your surgeon during consultation will give you a good idea of what is possible, and also give you a great chance to convey to your surgeon what you envision.

Donald B. Yoo, MD