I would like a fuller jawline. Any suggestions? (photos)

I have a very long and slim jawline. I realize that is desired these days but I feel like mine is very harsh. Not soft and feminine especially when I smile. I would like my face to be fuller . Not "round" just fuller and shorter. I have attached a picture of myself and what face shape I would like. I also used a celebrity who has had work done to demonstrate what I want.

Suggestions for if you need a chin implant?

Without an exam your question cannot be answered. However, your photos are helpful and you are probably a good candidate for a Chin Augmentation. You will need to see an Oral/Maxillofacial surgeon to see if othognathic surgery, genioplasty or using an implant is best for your specific case. It should be noted that patients with severely weak jaws or abnormally functioning jaws may be better treated with other facial surgery (orthognathic surgery), although a chin augmentation may be an option at a later time. These patients should seek the advice of a plastic surgeon to determine which course is right for them. Here is some information to help you make this decision: Candidates for Chin Augmentation - Patients whose chin profiles are weak but have normally functioning jaws are candidates for Chin Augmentation. Many of these candidates have used injectable fillers in the past to strengthen the protrusion of their chins, but are looking for a permanent solution. If you are one of these patients, then you are a likely candidate for chin augmentation

Jawline Reshaping

What you are demonstrating/seeking is a jawbone change that consist of chin reduction (to make it shorter) and jaw angle augmentation to make it wider. This would need to be done using an intraoral chin reduction osteotomy and vertical lengthening jaw angle implants that also add some width as well.

Jaw line

yd and s, this confirms that some of you gals are your own worst enemy; there is nothing bad going on in any of your photos. Having said that perhaps a chin implant my improve facial balance a bit. See an experienced facial plastic specialist; one that does "only faces". See the video and good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

I would like a fuller jawline. Any suggestions?

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

Hope this helps.