Should I plan on a lift?
Thank you for your question. Wait at least 6 months after your surgery before getting a better idea of what your breasts will look like. By that time, your implants may drop quite a bit. You may consider a lift at that time to better place your nipples. Please discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon. Good luck.
Should I plan on a lift
Things are going to change quite a bit most likely, especially as the implants were placed underneath the muscle. There is likely going to be a at least a small surgical procedure done to get the nipples in a better cosmetic location but I suggest giving it 6-12 months after the surgery to decide
Measurements required to determine if a breast lift is necessary.
As you pointed out it's early in your convalescence and the appearance should improve considerably. Specific measurements on your breast would be necessary after the implants have their volume redistributed to see if a mastopexy makes sense.
Thank you for your question and pictures. I am not sure how early on your are in the recovery phase, but if the implants settle down quite a bit, you may not need a lift. Are you doing massages? Keep in touch with your PS during the healing phase and let things settle into place.
Do I need a lift?
From the photographs you have provided, it would be my opinion that you'll probably need lift. I would wait several months before doing this second stage procedure. This in no way should compromise the end result. Follow up with your plastic surgeons recommended. Good luck.
Lift after augmenatation
The to the point answer is that you should give it at least 6 months for the implants to "settle in" and then decide if you need a lift or not.
Based on your current appearance, I would anticipate that a lift will be necessary for you in the future in order to give you a better shape and to get the nipples into a better position.
It was not unreasonable to do the augmenation first and see if you could avoid a lift, but it appears likely that the lift will be warranted,
Best of luck to you!
Should I plan on a breast lift?
Thank you for your question and photograph. Based on your current photo a secondary breast lift may well be your best option. Since your implants are under the muscle and higher than the nipple I doubt that the implants will descend enough to push the nipple forward into the proper position. For more information please read the link below:
Should I plan on a lift?
Without pre-op photos-it's difficult to give you the best answer. I would give few months- and then if the implants are still high- I would discuss revision options with your Surgeon.
Too early to plan on breast lifting...
Thank you for your question. Your plastic surgeon will always be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment of your situation, advice, predictions, and/or meaningful reassurance.
Generally speaking, breast implants will "drop" into the pocket that was created during surgery and massaging the implants downward may assist in the dropping of the implants after surgery (for those patients who want to help with the settling of the implants). The rate of breast implant "settling" may depend on factors such as size of breast implant pocket dissected, tightness of the overlying skin/muscle layers, and size of breast implant utilized.
Normally, it takes about 3-6 months (for some patients longer) to see the final result. It is very common for one side to settle faster than the other.
Again, best to follow your plastic surgeon for more specifics. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with long-term.
Breast Lift after augmentation
Thank you for your question.
Since you are in the early stages of recovery, your breast implants will definitely drop over time. Based on your photographs, they appear high. This usually takes about 3-6 months. After they have dropped and settled in their final location, you and your surgeon can decide if a lift is needed. Based on your photographs now, it seems like a lift is needed, but allowing your implants to fall and then lift (if needed at a later date) is a safe and accepted route too. I recommend close follow-up with your surgeon and open discussion with him or her.
Manish C. Champaneria, MD