Breast augmentation with fat transfer?

I had a breast augmentation done in may 2015, but they are not as big as I wanted them to be.. On july 25, 2016 I will be having a brazilian butt lift and I wanted to know if the fat removed can be placed in the breast even though I already have implants in..

Breast Fat Transfer/ Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question

I perform a natural breast augmentation with fat. This can be removed from any unwanted areas including the breast itself as part of my lipo-lift procedure. I perform the fat grafting in multiple planes including under the muscle to give the best, most natural enhancement. Fat grafting is a great solution for someone who wants to bring their breast size up a cup or so and use natural tissue vs an implant. However, it can also be combined with an implant or used as a secondary procedure to fill in areas that are flat or thin. It should not affect nipple sensation, mammograms, cancer risk or breast feeding. It can be a little lump or hard at first but tends to soften over time. If you gain or lose weight, the transferred fat can do the same.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Fat transfer with implants

Fat Transfer can be done if you have implants. There is a limit as to how much fat you can inject but there is no reason why it cannot be done with implants in. It's best to speak to your surgeon to see what the options are and what sort of result you can expect.

Breast augmentation with fat?

Hello and thank you for your question. Having implants in should not prevent you from being able to have fat injection into the breasts. However, you should have a discussion with your plastic surgeon and develop realistic expectations as to the result you will achieve. The main thing to determine is how much bigger you would like to be. The bigger you would like to be, the less likely fat grafting will give you the result you want and the more likely you should just go up to a larger sized implant.

You have to remember that only a certain amount of the fat that is injected into the tissues will stay there. In the breast you are somewhat limited in the space in which you can inject because it should be done above or below the breast tissue but ideally not into the breast tissue.

The best thing to do at this time is to have a discussion with your plastic surgeon to determine if it would be best to attempt fat injection to the breasts or if you should just go larger as far as your implant size goes.

Hope this helps!

Ankur Mehta MD

Ankur Mehta, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Fat Transfer

Thank you for your question in regards to fat transfer. If you have enough fat available to be harvested to transfer to breast it may be an option for you. To be sure what would be the best for you, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting -- BREAST AUGMENTATION

If pure fat can be harvested you can remove it and transfer to the breast.  It should be done with PRP and puregraft to get the best outcome. Dr. Emer.

Breast augmentation

I prefer to use implants when it comes to breast augmentation. I think that the results are more consistent. 

Breast augmentation with fat transfer?

Yes, fat transfer can be done for a patient who already had breast implants. Seek out an experienced plastic surgeon. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Needs a check

An exam by your doctor can determine the amount of fat that is available and the possibility of adding to your breast augmentation.

Fat grafting to breast

Certainly this is a good idea to look into. If you have enough fat to accomplish both procedures then this could work out. If not then a larger implant at the same time is an option. Good luck.

Fat to breast post aug

For sure you can add some fat to your berasts even though you already have had an aug.I am adding fat more and more to primary augs and redo's.Make sure you have enough fat for your BBL.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon