Can flex deformity go away on its own? (Photo)

I'm 4 weeks post op and I have muscle animation in my left breast. It appears in certain lighting and when I flex. I'm pushing my arm down on the sink in this pic. Will it go away on its own? Can massage help? Or is surgery the only fix? I'm seeing my surgeon at the end of November so I'll ask him about it then. I just want some more advice until then.

Animation Deformity

Animation deformity (the rippling seen post submuscular augmentation upon contraction of the pectoralis muscle) is one of the most commonly cited drawbacks to submuscular implant placement. Intuitively, it is caused by the action of the muscle as it spans the upper pole of the implant. 

The degree to which this animation is notable depends upon the patient and native breast size. Larger breasts serve as more effective camouflage. Ultimately, this is normal and expected post augmentation.

As always, discuss your concerns with a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Westchester Plastic Surgeon

Can flex deformity go away on its own?

Thank you for your question. you can do massage on a daily on both breast but it is very early and it is normal to experience this as it is part of recovery.