I'm getting lipo and butt implants Sept 30. My doctor says to quit smoking ASAP but I've heard other doctors say 2 weeks pre op

I really want the best outcome of course but its hard to quit cold turkey how soon should i quit n still get best outcome

Quitting smoking before surgery

The medical literature on this topic supports having patients quit smoking 6-8 weeks before surgery for optimal effect. It is also advised to maintain your smoking cessation after surgery until you are completely healed. 

Quitting smoking before surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Lipo and buttock implants

For most surgeons performing major surgery, they recommend to stop smoking for 2-4 weeks prior to surgery, and to remain off them until you are completely healed.

Lipo and buttock implants