What to do after lipo for the best results?

Ok so I've had consultations with drs. In us n abroad why do drs abroad say to do lymphatic massages and us say no you can do it yourself..but to me seems like girls that have had it done in Columbia or Dominican republic look much better results

Improving liposuction results

Hi - I do not routinely recommend massage after liposuction. There is little scientific evidence that it makes much difference. If you have firmer areas after liposuction, massage may help break down any scarring.

Liposuction. Is lymphatic massage necessay

It truly varies with the surgeon and patientSome of my patients find massage helpfulMost get excellent results withoutLet me note that quite a number of amazing overseas results that I have seenĀ are clearly not the real result but photo-shopped

Post Liposuction Irregularities, Swelling -- Try Massage, Velashape or Venus Legacy With Your Compression

Massage, Venus Legacy, RF Treatments, and hyperbaric oxygen can all drastically reduce swelling. Results will vary based on the candidate, type of procedure performed, and expertise of the surgeon. I suggest consulting with a VASER hi definition contouring specialist for optimal results in fat removal, contouring, and skin tightening. Best, Dr. Emer

Post liposuction massage

I typically do recommend patient start manual massage after liposuction.   In fact I often provide the patient with two LPG treatments after the procedure.  I seriously doubt that you can get significantly better results  by traveling abroad. I would caution you against taking a medical risk to save money. Please look into the recent CDC  announcement regarding severe infections in cosmetic surgery patients coming from the Dominican republic.

John Paletta, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon

I personally do not routinely recommend lymphatic massage. I do sometimes recommend massage for firm areas.