I Have a Flat Nose Can It Be Fixed and Perfected? (photo)

I have a really flat nose. no bridge or tip. But I want a nose as close as posible to nicki minaj's.

Your photo shows a wide flat bridge, a short columella with little tip projection, a wide alar base (junction of tip with upper lip) and a low radix (root of nose). That can be improved with an infracture, bridge graft or implant, alar base narrowing and a columellar strut graft to increase tip projection. However, that will not give you the nose of the person in the other photos those it will move things in that direction. It is impossible to get the same look because you are starting off from such a different position.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Rhinoplasty with realistic expectations

It is impossible  to give this type of nose. There are some refinements can be made in your current nose such as narrowing the tip, narrowing the bridge and nostrils and building up the height of the bridge line with cartilage grafting. It is important to have realistic goals in mind with your current nose and  have a clear understanding of what the goal the rhinoplasty is. An in person consultation, examination, and consultation with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon will help you understand what may be obtainable. Virtual rhinoplasty software is also available  on our website for you to try.

Flat Nose Correction By Rib Cartilage Graft

It is not possible to take your nose and make it like Nicki Minaj's. But you can get a much higher dorsum and better tip refinement using either an implant or a rib cartilage graft. At your young age you would be far better to consider using rib cartilage to achieve a significant dorso-columellar augmentation that does not pose long-term problems.

I Have a Flat Nose Can It Be Fixed and Perfected?

There are a series of maneuvers that can be employed to increase dorsal height and give you a nose more like the goal pic.  Cartilage grafting can be used if necessary.   An implant could be considered as well, although most surgeons used cartilage due to higher risks of infection and extrusion with implants. Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Flat bridge and nasal surgery

A flat bridge can be improved by dorsal augmentation.  Best to be seen in person to be evaluated and discuss your options.

Can a flat nose be perfected.

No it cannot. It can however be improved so as to give a more balanced aesthetic look to your face. The bridge needs to be narrowed as well as the base and your tip refined.  Your skin is thicker than hers. She has thinner skin. However you can have a much improved look. I need to see better photos to tell u what I would do.

Rhinoplasty for Flat Bridge

In short, yes, you can increase the height of the bridge of the nose and narrow the nasal base (nostrils). This type of rhinoplasty, however, is somewhat complicated and requires adding tissue to the nose from elsewhere in the body. Often this is from your rib cartilage. Though it is helpful for you and your surgeon to have an ideal in mind (e.g., Nicki Minaj), it is equally important to discuss your unique facial shape, skin characteristics, etc. as you move forward. Best of luck!

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Improving a Flat Nose

I recommend that patients use grafts of their own cartilage to augment a flat nose and increase definition and projection. Your nose will not be like Nicki Minaj's because your skin is thicker but you can expect significant improvement. Select an experienced rhinoplasty specialist.

Don't change too much!

There are many maneuvers that a well-versed rhinoplasty surgeon would be able to perform to narrow the bridge and refine the appearance of the tip. I would caution you, however, that making too many drastic changes from your present anatomy can have disastrous consequences. Using your own cartilage or an implant on the bridge, narrowing the bones and placing tip grafts and sutures can give you a much more refined appearance, but it should match your other features. Taking away too much cartilage leads to an overly "done" appearance, as many celebrities can demonstrate! Not only does it look strange over time, but can cause signficant breathing problems that are unfixable. Visit a rhinoplasty surgeon who can show you photos of other patients with your anatomy or digital imaging to make sure your goals are understood. Having a realistic goal is also very important to your ultimate satisfaction. Best of luck to you!!

Anita Sethna, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

There are limits to what can be accomplished by surgery on the ethnic nose.

The nose in the picture demonstrates a wide nasal base, a flat dorsum, wide nostrils, and poor tip definition. Support for all three aesthetic units is part of the aesthetic solution but there are limits to what can be accomplished in large part because of the thick skin that accompanies the ethnic nose.