Is there a non surgical procedure to reduce men boobs?

Nonsurgical Gynecomastia Treatment

Thank you very much for your question. Depending on the cause of gynecomastia, some cases can resolve on their own. However, if the condition persists longer than 12 months, correction will require medical intervention. CoolSculpting is an excellent, noninvasive choice for men with mild fat accumulation along the breasts. If only fatty tissue is present, liposuction can be used to flatten and contour the chest with minimal scarring. Excision is necessary when excess glandular tissue is present, as it is in many cases of gynecomastia. My recommendation is that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination. He/she can help to determine the cause of your gynecomastia and determine the best options for correction

​To correct the gynecomastia and improve the true gynecomastia​ your only option is surgical excision of the gland

To correct the gynecomastia and improve the true gynecomastia your only option is surgical excision of the gland.Just chose a very experienced gynecomastia surgeon

Mordcai Blau, MD

Is there a non surgical procedure to reduce man boobs?

Thank you for your question.  Typically with diet and exercise there is no change in the size of the gland.  Surgical removal is the best for gynecomastia.  I recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon.  Best of luck to you!

Chad Robbins, MD

Besides a healthy diet and exercise program (achievement of a long-term stable weight), I cannot recommend nonsurgical methods to reduce gynecomastia. I have found that gynecomastia is often best treated with  partial excision of the prominent glandular tissue  as well as liposuction surgery of the peripheral chest area.  If the prominence of the chest wall is caused by adipose tissue, then liposculpture surgery alone may suffice.

I would strongly suggest that you make sure you are working with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon who can demonstrate lots of examples of achieving outcomes you would be pleased with. You will find that this recommendation will be more important than any specific “miracle technology” that you will undoubtedly hear about.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.  Best wishes.

Non-surgical solution for gynecomatia?

If you have pseudo-gynecomastia (enlargement by fat only) you might be able to reduce your chest by diet and exercise or CoolSculpting treatments. However, if your chest has fat and breast tissue, only surgery will reduce your chest. Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in gynecomastia to find out what options are available to you. Good luck!

Miguel Delgado, MD

Is there a non-surgical procedure to reduce male breasts?

Thank you for sharing your excellent question.  If the enlarged breast is due only to fat then diet and exercise may be a good option at reduction but if true breast or fibrofatty tissue is the cause, only surgery will improve the chest appearance.  Hope this helps.

About Gynecomastia and Options for Treatment

The male breast is composed of glandular tissue and fatty tissue. An excess in either type of tissue can cause the chest to take on the look of gynecomastia. Gynecomastia can affect #men of all different body types. There are different types of #gynecomastia.
According to official statistics, 36% of adult young men and 57% of older #adult men in the United States have this medical condition in one of the four grades.
About 200,000 to 3 million cases of #gynecomastia are being reported every single year. So if you have #breast #enlargement and you feel you're an exception, please understand that 1 in 3 young adult #men and 1 in 2 older adult men are just like you and have breast #enlargement.
Several common factors can cause gynecomastia including excessive levels of #estrogen, natural #hormone changes, use of recreational drugs or alcohol, medications and their associated side effects, and, various health conditions. Also, there are different types of #gynecomastia.
There are three types of surgical #treatment #options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you.
The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal #candidate.

Is there a non-surgical procedure for gynecomastia?

Thank you for your question but without photos it is very difficult to tell you what may be needed. If you really have breast tissue then you will need a surgical procedure.  I would discuss this with a plastic surgeon who can tell you what your options would be.

John D. Smoot, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Non surgical treatment for man boobs

Thanks  for your question. Without seeing any pictures or knowing any specifics, it's very difficult to answer this question.  With that said, if there's significant amount of breast tissue, surgical treatments will be most effective. Good luck. 

Mehdi K. Mazaheri, MD

Are there non surgical options for the male chest?

Thanks for your question. The male chest consists of skin, fat, beast tissue and the pectoralis muscle. For men who excess fat is the issue, liposuction can be performed. This procedure can be done under local anesthesia with minimal risks and minimal downtime. Some men require breast tissue to be surgically removed and skin to be tightened--this would involve surgery. I recommend that any male patient that is concerned with their chest contour to see a board certified plastic surgeon for a full medical evaluation and to discuss all options. I hope this helps.