Juvederm injections in the chin?

I recently had a consult at a PS office regarding Juvederm injections for an aging face (I'm in my mid-40s). One of the places she recommended was along the sides of my chin, starting just under the corners of my mouth and going down to the end of my chin (I hope this is an adequate description, wish I could draw a picture). I had never heard of getting Juvederm in that part of the face. What is the result of an injection like this? How does it help the face look younger/less saggy, etc?

Juvaderm filler for chin and mouth region

Juvaderm injection can be subtle and yet provide dramatic improvement for the marionette lines as well as the prejowl depressions. The latter accentuate the jowls and filling in the indentation for appropriate patients can be very beneficial without being obvious. What you describe sounds like a very good plan to me and is likely to be helpful and rewarding. Best wishes and good luck.  Also, please watch the video above for helpful information about non-surgical facial rejuvenation.

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Plastic Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

JUVÉDERM® injections in the chin can be very effective.

As other experts have said, JUVÉDERM® can achieve great results when injected in the chin area. Not only is it often a great anti-aging tool for removing wrinkles and fine lines, but JUVÉDERM® can also help to smooth any irregularities in the contouring of your face and chin. The results of chin injections can give you a smooth, younger look overall, especially if sagging skin is a concern for you. Of course, injectable fillers like JUVÉDERM® won’t give you the same results as a facelift, but they can be great options if you’re looking for a nonsurgical, minimally invasive solution.

Gordon Andan, MD
New York General Surgeon

Juvederm for jowls and marionette lines does wonders.

Fillers available in the US are mostly hyaluronic acid gels that look and feel very natural (and they are reversible just in case).  #Juvederm comes in 3 varieties (in the US):  Ultra, Ultra Plus and #Voluma.  They vary in the extent that they can lift and fill.  Most 40 somethings are starting to lose volume and skin is beginning to become lax.  If volume is the issue, fillers are great, Juvederm fills lines and grooves and replaces volume for a younger look.  Some people need to address the laxity as well and that can be done with non invasive skin tightening procedures like #Ultherapy and #Thermage. To ensure that the result will be what you want it helps to consult with a provider who has experience in both vloume replacement (and line filling) and in skintightening 

Susan Van Dyke, MD
Paradise Valley Dermatologic Surgeon

40's, aging face, Juvederm to sides of chin, starting just under the corners of my mouth and going down to the end of my chin.

Hi, These folds are called "jowls" and the grooves they create are called the "Marionette" lines.  While dermal fillers like Juvederm can be used to fill in the Marionette lines, you may want to consider treating the "jowls" themselves.

I have performed many facelifts over the past 30 years.  Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.   Men on the other hand look chiseled and handsome with angularity in the cheeks, chin and mandibular angles.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation using a dermal filler (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or with cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks anteriorly that will feminize the entire face.   

Jowls are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a SMAS facelift.  The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured.  The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:

•very small incisions
•minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery
•can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without anesthesia
•no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
•excess fat can be removed
•excess skin removed
•cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
•most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op

I tell potential facelift patients to think of creating a more beautiful or handsome face by working on three tissue levels.  The bony structure should be appropriate to make a woman’s face heart shaped and a man’s face chiseled and angular which is described below.  Next the fatty layer should be reduced or shaped allowing the shape to be seen and finally excess SMAS and skin evidenced by the presence of jowls) should be removed from the face and neck.

Hope this helps.

Juvederm in the chin- one of the BEST areas

By far, this is one of my favourite spots to place Juvderm, why? Because filler in this area can reshape and contour your chin to give the area a tapered 'heart' shaped look. 

Treatments are safe, effective, and in good hands the results are excellent. I usually use either Juvederm Volift or Voluma in this area. The chin are should be blended in with your corners of your mouth like you suggested. An experienced injector will know how to created a look that would suit you. Go for it!

All the best

Dr Davin Lim
Laser Dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Juvederm Injections in the Chin

I often use Juvederm in the chin area, the jowl area, or for facial contouring.  This is an excellent area that is often overlooked.  I like to combine these injections with skin tightening Thermage laser and find this combination to have the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

Pre-Jowl Sulcus & Nonsurgical Chin Augmentation Are Important Components Of Nonsurgical Facial Rejuvenation

The prejowl sulcus, as its name suggests, is that indentation along the jawline immediately to the side of the chin and in front of the the saggy, age-related jowl that typically forms after age 40. Filling in this region with a volumizing filler, such as Voluma XC can have a dramatic rejuvenating effect on the entire jawline. 

Likewise, the chin is subject to bone loss and muscle loss leading to recession of the chiin and loss of the more youthful projection. In profile,  recession there can be expressed as secondary laxity of the skin and worsening of jawline jowl formation. Restoration of chin volume and projection can also be accomplished simply and easily with volumzing fillers, such as Radiesse Plus or Voluma XC. Both Voluma XC, a Juvederm line product, and Radiesse Plus, a calcium based volumzing filler, in my opinion, would be more appropriate that ordinary Juvederm for the purposes above and, since they are more robust, the results of treatment would likely be longer-lasting.

Be sure to ask to see the before and after photos of any physician from whom you are seeking treatment. These injection areas are not routine treatment sites, like smile lines, and are best left to physicians with experience and expertise in advanced nonsurgical facial rejuvenation.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Juvederm

Not sure exactly where you mean, but this area is very common for fillers.  If you are starting at the corner of the mouth this is the marionette line.  This is an aging line and filling this in can make a big difference.  The area of the chin line below the corners of the lip is the pre-jowl sulcus.  As this gets hollow with age, filling in will sharpen the jaw line and make any jowls look less prominent.   

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Injection of Juvederm into marionette lines and pre-jowl area

Thank you for sharing your question. The regions around your mouth and chin as described are good areas to treat with Juvederm. In the hands of an expert injector, you should have very nice results that last 6 months or more. Good luck,

Juvederm injections in the chin?

This is an extremely common place for fillers and can help to soften the look of jowls if there is not too much facial laxity. As people age their jawline becomes less defined, and the loss of volume on the sides of the chin are a consistent finding due to underlying ligaments holding the skin close to the bone.Even when this area is corrected with a facelift, volume in that pre-jowl hollow and marionette further improves the result.

Stacey Folk, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon