Will my implant round out more?

Before my surgery I had one breast on that was an A cup and my other grew to be a C so I got surgery to have more "even breast." My surgeon lifted and "repaired" the C and put an implant on the A side. While I'm happier that I am more "even", I am still not comfortable wearing normal bras or certain swim suits because the implant is not as round as the other side and it still looks strange. It's been five months after surgery and it has rounded more but still not as much as I would like.

Implant to Round Out

Thanks for your question.  At this point, I would recommend following up with your surgeon to see what else could be done.  One option is to change the implant.  The other option could be to address the sutures used on the lateral portion of the breast.  Really, it would be best to have an examination to investigate the differences you are seeing and get all your options.  You could also give it more time to settle and see if the results get better.  I hope this helps. 

Round out

Thank you for your question.  Typically your results are fairly set by 5 months.  I recommend you follow up with your surgeon for a physical exam.
Best Wishes!

Jamie Moenster, DO
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

See your surgeon

You should make an appointment with your plastic surgeon for an in person examination as the symptoms you are describing could indicate a number of things. Pictures would be helpful, but having your doctor examine you and prescribe further treatment is probably necessary.

Good luck!

Breasts change little

that long after your procedure.  Discuss your concerns with your surgeon and find out what can be done to help you achieve the look you desire.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast Asymmetry

The situation you are describing is very complex, and without an examination or at least photographs, no cogent comments can be made by us. Please discuss with your surgeon, or have a second opinion consultation with a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons that specialize in revision breast surgery.
Best of lukc!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Breast symmetry

At 5 months, the implants are what they are going to be.  It sounds like this was a difficult case to begin with starting with an A and C cup.  I would contact your surgeon and express your concerns, I am sure there are several options to help try and achieve more symmetry.  In situtations like this fat grafting can sometimes help round the breast out and give it a more natural shape like the other side.  It is hard to know for sure what would work without seeing photos. Good luck.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon

Don't expect perfect symmetry after placement of breast implants and mastopexy to correct asymmetry.

It's impossible to comment on your situation without at least some photographs. However at five months some changes might still be expected. If the trend is favorable it's best to wait.

Will my implant round out more?

At this point you are early in the healing process. Your implants will continue to settle and soften with time. Follow up with your surgeon as directed.

Regards,

Martin Jugenburg, MD