Flabby Upper Ab Area Post Tummy Tuck?

IM 6 WEEKS Post almost 7 from a FULL TUMMYTUCK and CHEST excesion and still swollen. My qustion is i notice aboce swellign and side of body next to chest ifi grab it there IS flab of loose skin that wasnt there before. I know he did liposuction with it... but they wernt there before? is this because swellign is going down and if it is WILL IT TIGHTIN back up? IM ALSO HAVING a uneven stomach in the swellign is this normal? please someone advise me thanks

Unevenness after tummy tuck.

It is still possible to have some lumps and bumps after six weeks and it does take time for the skin to settle after liposuction. 

I would suggest you discuss your concerns with your surgeon so he/she is aware and can help guide you through the healing process.

Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Results?

Given that you are only 7 weeks out of your surgery, it is much too early to evaluate the results of surgery. Undoubtedly, swelling will resolve and skin re-draping will occur over the course of the next several months and even up to one year.

For accurate advice you should see your plastic surgeon who is in the best position to diagnose any complications that may be causing the concerns you are having. He is also in the best position to reassure you if all is going well.

Uneven after body contouring.

6 weeks is still very early, particularly after body contouring. We advise our patients that significant changes in skin tone, laxity, and swelling occur up to (and sometimes beyond) 6 months. Maintain strict adherence to your surgeon's postoperative recommendations and be patient. The body does not heal overnight and cosmetic surgery requires months for results to finalize.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Still flabby

I think since you are only 7 weeks or so post op I would wait.In the meantime you may want to wear a compressive garment to help.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon