4 months post-op. Is there still any hope that my tummy tuck revision scar will lower? (photo)

Unhappy with how high my scar is. Hard to hide under any low cut bikini which was a number one concerned for me, I also discussed this with my dr before the surgery and I was assured that it would sit lower than where it is, prior to surgery I had lost 45 lbs to make sure all that excess skin would be gone but I still have flabby skin left on my sides and my muscle is tight as it should be. 

Scar position

Sorry to hear that you are so disappointed, Fancy.  I do agree with my colleagues, that once the swelling has resolved and some laxity returns to the skin, it may be possible to re-elevate the flap of skin and soft tissue and advance it further down the abdominal wall, allowing for a lower closure.  It may take a year or more to develop enough laxity to produce a significant change.  In the interim, try to optimize maturation of your scar.  Apply topical scar aides with silicone, massage and compress your incisions, and follow up regularly with your surgeon to discuss further interventions to help it fade.  Best of luck.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Too high abdominoplasty scar

I agree that your abdominoplasty scar appears high.  I do not believe it will lower over time.  There is hope.  If you wait for 8 more months, the skin will soften and it may be possible to revise the lower portion and stretch the skin down lowering your scar.

Dr. T

Douglas Taranow, DO, FACOS

Too high abdominal scar

Based on your photos your scar does seem to be too high. It can be lowered (5-6 cm) in time. However, you will have to wait at least 8-12 months for skin to relax sufficiently to allow for more stretching. Patience, it can be fixed. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Will scar get lower

It is difficult without an examination, but you abdomen appears tight from the views you showed. I do not feel that your scar can be lowered. I would have your surgeon work on improving the scar. In time, some laxity may develop and then the scar may able to lowered. As for the skin on the sides, you may be a candidate for a circumferential TT due to the weight loss. In other words, continuing the scar around the back. I would recommend you discuss this with your surgeon. 

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon