I had a fleur de lis done Oct 5, though I like what I see, I'm not 100% satisfied. (photo)

My belly is not FLAT! I don't know if that just a false expectation that I had! I also feel a harden area surrounding my navel! Which of course was reposition! Is this normal. Is this just swelling? Will my belly go down more! I'm feeling really down and feel like I just threw away $$$$

Nice result

Hi.  It looks like you have a nice result, and really, you should be very pleased about it.  Remember, that at 3 weeks post-op, there is still some swelling, particularly in the lower part of your tummy, to resolve.

Cheer up!

Post-op swelling

Sorry to hear you are not satisfied with your result.  Overall, it looks like your PS did a god job.  There will always be some swelling after surgery so this is not the end result.  Consult with your PS to be sure you don't have a fluid collection (seroma).  The swelling may take 6-12 months completely resolve so give it some time and I think you will be pleased.

Tummy tuck results

I am sorry to hear that you aren't happy. The swelling can take up to 6 months to fully subside so I would encourage you to continue to be patient. Your results may improve over the next couple of months. If at 6 months post op, you are still unsatisfied then schedule an appointment to see your surgeon to discuss your options.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Post Op Recevery Time

Typical swelling from an Abdominoplasty lasts 4 months or more. I'm not sure why realistic expectations were not set for your recovery but I recommend that you discuss with your Plastic Surgeon what to expect while you heal. The activity limitations, changing appearance and maturing or scars will all progress over the next 4-6 months.

All the best

Stomach not flat, surgery October 5

Thank you for the question and the picture.     You are very early in the healing process,  it is too early to appreciate a final result.  Follow all of your post op instruction and discuss your concerns with your PS.    Hopefully in 6-12 months you will be very happy with your results.          Good Luck

Ivor B. Kaplan, MD
Norfolk Plastic Surgeon