Fraxel 1550-What settings and how many passes help with acne scars and wrinkles?

Years ago I had the old Fraxel where they paint you blue. It worked wonders for my and scarring and all my fine lines disappeared. It was very painful and I was quite swollen and my skin was on fire for several days. I recently had Fraxel 1550 it took about 20 mins. and it didn't hurt nearly as bad and I didn't swell much at all. It also doesn't seem to work as well if at all. Could it be the settings? What specific settings work best for acne scars and how many passes are optimal?

Acne scars and Fraxel settings

Fraxel is an amazing laser for treating acne scars.  There is no "one" setting for scars.  The settings for Fraxel depend on multiple factors such as complexion, skin type, type of scar, and location on body.  For the best results please find a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with lasers.