Pain right hand side of tummy after Tummy Tuck?

I had a tummy tuck less than 2 weeks go. The right side of my tummy feels sore if it's pressed. It feels sore inside. Could this be muscle repair or could my internal organs be damaged in anyway?

Greetings

Thank you for your question, this ıs normal after Tummy tuck surgery it could be the side the the dranage tube was placed. For now you are still on your early stage of recovery however it is also adviceable to contact your surgeon for control or follow up if the pain doesnt get better or gets worse.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Pain right hand side of tummy after TT.

Thank you for your question and I am sorry to hear of your right sided stomach pain. A tummy tuck involves operating on the muscle, fat and skin of the abdomen alone.  It will not affect or damage your internal organs.  If this pain has been of sudden onset and represents a change for you in your recovery, it would be best to see your surgeon for an in-person examination to ensure nothing else is occurring.  

Concern about pain after tummy tuck

Tummy tuck surgery is a large undertaking in terms of your recovery.  Patients typically require 2 weeks off of work at the very least and frequently experience discomfort for several weeks beyond that.  To that end, discomfort/pain at this point would fall within the range of what one might call "normal" recovery.  The pain you are describing is most likely related to the muscle tightening that occurs during tummy tuck surgery.  The tissue which is tightened can be very sensitive and is the reason I frequently employ pain pumps to assist patients during early recovery.  It is highly unlikely that any internal structures were damaged as these sutures are typically placed a safe distance from your organs.  Nonetheless, any change in your condition or serious concern should be relayed to your surgeon who knows you and the particulars of your surgery best.  Only an examination can confirm that you are experiencing normal recovery.  Good luck!