What Would Be the Best Way of Fixing my Degree of Tubuerous Breasts?

Based on my degree of tuberous breasts and the amount of breast tissue I already have,do you think I could be successful with a normal silicone, submuscular implant surgery? My goal is to have natural looking, full B-cup breasts (I am 5'6'', 128 LBS, and currently a 34B). I'm not happy with the shape of my breasts and would love them to be more round, not simply larger. Thanks

Doctor Answers 13

Breast lift plus breast implants best for drooping breasts

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for your question and photograph. You do not have a true tuberous breasts fortunately.

A bilateral breast lift and breast implants will likely give you the result that you wish.

Drooping breasts are different than tuberous breasts.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

As mentioned by my fellow physicians, you do not, in fact, have tuberous breasts but rather asymmetry with second degree ptosis (moderate droop). This would be best treated with small implants (to give you a bit of superior fill) and a vertical mastopexy. At the same time you can remove a bit of breast tissue from the lower pole of the breast, more so on the right side to obtain better symmetry. This would raise the breasts and keep your overall volume relatively the same. A straight submuscular augmentation without any lift would be disastrous and I am confident that such would not be your surgeon’s suggestion.

Treatment for Tuberous Breasts

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

By looking at your pictures I would suggest a mastopexy (breast lift) with breast implants.  Since your right breast is larger than your left breast, you will most likely need a larger implant in the left side.  As part of tthe mastopexy, the breast tissue will will most likely require some remodelling to improve the shape of the breast tissue as it lays over the implants.  This will help achieve that round shape you like.

Bruce E. Genter, MD, FACS
Abington Plastic Surgeon
4.3 out of 5 stars 17 reviews

Treatment for Tuberous Breast

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Given your desire for a better breast shape, I would recommend some form of a breast lift procedure to correct your breast shape.  In addition, a breast augmentation with a conservative sized implant will help to add some volume.   Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options.

Asymmetric Breasts

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Based on your photos, I would suggest a combination of breast lift (mastopexy) and breast augmentation (implant).  Since your left breast smaller, I would suggest putting a slightly larger implant on your left than your right to even out your volume.  The lift component will help resolve the areolar asymmetry.  However, as others have stated, we cannot give you specific advice based on one picture and without seeing you in person for consultation.

Good luck.

PHOTO: Tuberous (?) sagging (ptotic) asymmetric breast options

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

If your goal is correction without enlargement the best solution is a breast lift with reduction of the larger breast and autogenous tissue rearrangement. However, it does appear that the left breast in the picture has a higher crease and this may play a role in effecting the final appearance and symmetry. If implants are utilized, I would consider a dual plane approach with radial relaxing tissues in the parenchyma and submuscular placement of silicone implants with a circumvertical approach for nipple areolar reduction and elevation. Fat grafting is an alternative option.

Otto Joseph Placik, MD
Chicago Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 86 reviews

Mildly tuberous on the left at most.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I agree with the other surgeons in that you definitely have ptosis and need a lift. You do not appear to have tuberous breasts in this one photo view. At most, your left breast may have a mild tuberous component. A breast lift with implants will improve your shape as well as correct the drooping.

Daniel P. Markmann, MD
Baltimore Plastic Surgeon

Fixing my Breasts

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

AS from your photo posted and reading the experts comments you have ptotic breasts. Maybe a very small component of tuberous, but 100% ptosis. You need a lift with a small implant (250 cc). From MIAMI DR. Darryl J. Blinski

Correcting droopy breasts

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You don't have tuberous breasts, you just have ptosis (drooping) with a wide space in the middle.  The ptosis can be corrected by a lift and implants can add size, fullness, and can decrease the gap in the middle.  

An implant of any kind, done alone without a lift, would not correct anything and would be a complete mistake.

Correcting Breaat Shape

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
You do not have tuberous breasts; you simply have ptosis (droop). You have two choices. If the B-cup you have now is adequate size in a bra, then all you need is a lift. If, in a bra, you are smaller than you would like, you also need a small implant. A large implant will make you much larger than you indicate you are comfortable with.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.