4 months post op, I had a implant exchange. Can This Be Fixed? (photo)

This is my results 4.5 moths post op. I had an implant exchange (330cc saline to 450cc silicone) I am so very disappointed with my results -- as you can tell each breast has its own issues. I would love to know what happened and how this can be fixed.....

Can This Be Fixed

Yes. It may be best to begin by consulting with your surgeon for an evaluation because you may benefit from a #revision. Breast revision surgery is performed for a number of reasons and factors related to the patient’s initial breast surgery. One reason is asymmetry. However, there's no guarantee the #asymmetry will simply be resolved with one breast revision. There are various reasons breasts can appear uneven or asymmetrical; which have to be taken into account when your surgeon determines the appropriate approach and technique for your #revision surgery. Typically, it's best to wait 6 to 12 months depending on the reason for #revision.  Matters such as sagging or drooping  and size change will not improve with time.

Can This Be Fixed

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Revisionary Breast Surgery Necessary after Breast Augmentation Surgery?

I'm sorry to see/hear about your disappointment after revisionary breast surgery. As you can imagine, it is difficult for online consultants to know exactly “what happened”. However, assuming your plastic surgeon has had a significant amount of experience with revisionary breast surgery, your current situation can certainly be improved upon. Additional surgery will involve adjustments of the breast implant pockets to correct breast implant positioning and improve contour/symmetry.

I think that the majority of the work necessary to improve your situation will be closing off space of the breast implant pockets where necessary (capsulorraphy).  Of course,  details of what operation would best achieve improvement is best discussed after in person examination in front of a full-length mirror.

You may find the attached link helpful to you, as you learn more about revisionary breast surgery.

Disappointed 4.5 months after reaugmentation

Your concerns are certainly valid and ideally you should be discussing this with your surgeon and getting your surgeon's input since your surgeon knows your anatomy the best.  But from the outfield, revisions could certainly be pursued to improve your results, mostly by elevating your right implant and fold.  But best to talk with your surgeon and let him/her see what you're concerned about.

Bilateral capsular contracture in implant malposition will require surgical correction.

The photographs seem to demonstrates bilateral capsular contractures of the breasts. Also the implant appears to be too low on the chest wall with a large distance from the areola to the new infra mammary fold. I can't see how an operation can be avoided to correct the problem.

Concerned With Implant Exchange

It will help to post before pictures in order to compare the two. Yes, you can have a revision surgery.

Concerned With Implant Exchange

Can This Be Fixed?

Yes but only IN PERSON examination and seeing before photos will allow a definitive reconstructive plan. 

Can This Be Fixed?

Many Implant Issues

Thank you for your photos.  You have implants that are too large and different shaped as well as size implant pockets.  You should have your implants downsized, an internal bra (STRATTICE®) placed and lift performed for the excess skin.  Seek several consultations before making your decision.

Dr. ES

Many Implant Issues

Dr. ES

Implant issues

Some asymmetry is present and I'll bet your nipples were not at the same height before. I would probably guess that these implants are above the muscle, and may look better below.

Implant issues

Fixing breast asymmetry

You do have some asymmetry and the levels of your nipples.  It appears that your implants are above the muscle.  Your skin envelope appears to be very tight.  I would consider switching the implants to the submuscular space and adjusting the height of the inframammary crease.

Fixing breast asymmetry

Can This Be Fixed?

Almost anything can be fixed. What happened? I wouldn't guess without more info, including preop photos and op report. 

I would recommend smaller implants, pocket revision to even out the folds, and placement below the pectoral muscles--these look above.  

Discuss with your surgeon or second opinion. 

All the best. 

Can This Be Fixed?

All the best.