Is It Possible to Fix Turburous Breasts Without Changing Cup Size?

I'm 17 and have tuberous breasts. I've had the same size and shape breast since I was 12.I'm not over or under weight and I'm healthy. It's so embarrasing. So I have two questions. Is it possible for me to get my breasts fixed at 17 years old? and if I have to get implants, is it possible to just fix the apperence (making them round and normal shaped) without really increasing in size. Preferably staying a the same size? Just changing the shape? :)

Tuberous (aka tubular or constricted) breasts corrected without implant surgery

There have been a few descriptions of techniques to achieve this and one requires a flap and multiple external scars so in some instances the implants are a better option. I have used implants temporarily as expanders to increase the width of the breast followied by a removal a year later. Lasty the use of fat grafting has been described for this purpose.

Breast Aug To Fix Turburous Breast?

Thank you for your question.   I would advise you to seek a board certified plastic surgeon and discuss with him your goals.  You should wait until you are 18 to undergo cosmetic surgery.  Best of luck!
Dr Dhaval PatelDouble Board CertifiedPlastic SurgeonChicagoHoffman EstatesOak Brook

Dhaval M. Patel, MD
Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Fixing Tuberous Breasts without an implant

As you can see from the previous responders, this is not an easy question to answer.  The simple question is that you don't always need an implant to fix tuberous breasts; the more comprehensive answer is that the use of a small implant can often help fix the constriction by effectively expanding your breast tissue from within and providing a framework over which your breasts can be shaped. 

Depending upon how much breast tissue you already have, a very conservative implant might be very helpful in helping you achieve the most optimal result. 

I hope this helps!

Tuberous breasts and repair

Tuberous breasts can be fixed sometimes without implants if you have enough tissue to work with. However, in the majority of cases, an implant is required.

Implants for repair of tuberous breasts

The easy answer to this is yes, possibly. Without actually being able to see your breast shape and size, it is difficult to ascertain. Women with asymmetrical or tuberous breasts can absolutely have successful results with surgery, but the use of implants may be necessary to achieve the most natural look that you will be happy with. Sometimes the implants have to be slightly larger than your initial size, to achieve the most harmonious result. Of course, there are always exceptions to this, and having a consultation with a Board Certified plastic surgeon is truly the only way to answer this question appropriately. Your age is not an issue as long as your parents are involved and your breasts have finished growing.

Andrew Kaczynski, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breasts can be corrected without breast implants.

Hi.

You absolutely do not need implants.  The important parts of the surgery correct the shape of the breasts internally to create a round shape and smaller areolas.

You can have the surgery at 17.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Tuberous Breast Deformity and Implants

Commonly an implant is placed because of the discrepancy in volume between the two breasts.  It is difficult to answer your question without actual photos to look at, but it is possible to perform this surgery without implants, but it is rarely done.  A smaller implant can always be placed to not increase the size of the breast dramatically.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Tuberous breast correction is a unique type of breast surgery

An implant is not needed to correct the tuberous breast correction. Keys to a good result include rearrangement of breast tissue, lowering the infra-mammary fold and reduction the areolar diameter.

Regarding : "It Possible to Fix Turburous Breasts Without Changing Cup Size?... I've had the same size and shape breast since I was 12.I'm not over or under weight and I'm healthy. It's so embarrasing. So I have two questions. Is it possible for me to get my breasts fixed at 17 years old? and if I have to get implants, is it possible to just fix the apperence (making them round and normal shaped) without really increasing in size. Preferably staying a the same size? Just changing the shape? :)"

The best answers are:

Is it possible for me to get my breasts fixed at 17 years old? - YES.

if I have to get implants, is it possible to just fix the apperence (making them round and normal shaped) without really increasing in size. Preferably staying a the same size? - MAYBE. Tuberous Breasts are a descriptive term for tuber (root) like breasts seen with constricted breasts. Constricted breasts can be anything from a mildly asymmetric breast to an extremely constricted "Snoopy Dog" snout like appearing breast.

In correcting the deformity, Plastic surgeons relieve the constriction by placing radial cuts through them allowing the breasts to spread outward and if needed, to reduce the outer pouting of the nipple complex. In mild cases, implants may not be needed but in cases of severe asymmetry and in those where the correction would not persist if an implant was not placed under the breast to keep it spread outward, implants are needed and will increase the cup size in proportion to the size of implant used.

Dr. Peter Aldea

The answer is YES BUT! You did not post photos so the size you can can be a determining factor to achieving a change in shape. Most with Tuberous deformity have asymmetry or need additional volume. See 3 boarded plastic surgeons with your parent. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski