What can be done to fix lumps in abdomen left from Liposculpture? (photos)

I had Liposculpture done to my upper and lower abdomen 2 years ago. I have 2 lumps, one below my belly on my right side and one above my belly botton of my left side. What can be done to fix this. Previous abdominal scar around belly button.

What can be done to fix lumps in abdomen left from Liposculpture?

A liposuction revision may be a very effective treatment.  At least 25% of my liposuction practice involves revision liposuction procedures.

Find a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures, has great reviews, and has great before and after pictures.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Understand the problem first

The first thing to do is to understand what the problem is.

If there was fat left behind, then more fat needs to be removed. Other times, areas may have been over-treated. If that's the case, there's a shortage of fat, and options are more limited.

Sometimes the problem is loose skin in situations like yours. If liposculpting is done on somebody with loose skin to start, then the skin can become compromised. Many patients are not willing to have tummy tucks and opt for liposuction instead.

Mats Hagstrom, M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Revision liposuction

Sometimes it is possible to suction the high points while smoothing out the low points.  It is not really possible to fix this without surgery.

See your surgeon

You can probably benefit from seeing your surgeon to express your concerns. A revision surgery may be performed to address the lumps. Best of luck.

Liposonix to smooth stomach

It is best to wait at least 6 months before moving on to another treatment. Liposonix may be a good option for you in order to diminish the fat. Liposonix is a non-invasive laser treatment that will dissolve the fat deposits. Consult with your surgeon in order to find out what will work best for you.

Bruce E. Katz, MD