How to Fix Bags After Fat Grafting to Cheeks/eyes? (photo)

Hi, I had fat grafting under eyes and in cheeks to fix malar bags, but i'm not happy with the result one year later. I feel it has made the area under the eyes look baggy and ueneven. What would be the best way to fix this?

Uneven fat grafting to lower eyelid/cheeks

Under eye region is very difficult to repair when uneven fat is deposited underneath the skin.  I have tried lower blepharoplasty approach to lift up just the skin and remove the fat directly.  This should probably be performed by the original surgeon who placed the fat, because he/she would know which plane the fat was injected.  Nevertheless, one may still risk superficial skin irregularity d/t scarring once the fat is removed.

Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Getting fat out from under eyes

I find this almost impossible to correct with a satisfactory outcome...I have tried surgery, steroid injection as well as 5 fu injections.I must say besides more fat to even it out or filler,I'm afraid there is no good solution under the eyes.

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

Fat transfer to lower eyelids

You have a loss of volume in your face and It is not very apparent where the correction took place. Preoperative photographs would be helpful with your post operative pictures to determine what original procedure was actually done. I would probably suggest Juvederm injections to correct the depressions. I think this would be the best solution to your immediate problem. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD