My mouth width is 45mm and my lips are very small. Is my mouth too small for Permalip implants? Can they be custom made?

Permalip implants come in three sizes and smallest is 55mm in length. Is that suitable for me or can i get them custom made somewhere?

Lip implants

Implants can be cut to the preferred size; therefore it is possible to get implants for the size of your lips. Make sure to discuss side effects and your desired outcome with your provider. Good luck! 

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Lip implants

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Lip augmentation with implants

Thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

I think that implants are a bad solution for lip augmentation. many patients complain of hardness or in many shift in the location of the implant.

Finally, make sure that you have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Wishing you the best in your journey

Lip augmentation with implants

Wishing you the best in your journey

Permalip Implants

Your mouth width is irrelevant when it comes to placing Permalip implants. Their smallest size is actually 45mm but they can be custom trimmed to width at the time of insertion.

Permalip Implants

Customized lip augmentation with implants, fillers (juvederm, restylane) and fat

Permalip implants can be tailored to meet different person's needs. I recommend getting a formal evaluation with an expert. There are pros and cons to implants. Alternatives would be fillers (juvederm, resyltane) and fat. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Hello Mukikaatui - Thanks for your question. Permalip implants can easily be trimmed to fit your length. They should work fine for you if implants are an appropriate option for you. 

Good luck, 

Dr. Shah

Good luck, 

Dr. Shah

Lip Augmentation

Hard to answer without photos or physical exam, but either way, I am not a fan of lip implants. They can look extremely fake and am told feel funny when kissing someone. Also I have taken too many out over the years that shifted or became malpositioned. In my opinion, your best option is fillers, like Juvederm Ultra plus, or for something more permanent, fat transfer to your lips. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Lip Augmentation

My mouth width is 45mm and my lips are very small. Is my mouth too small for Permalip implants?

Thank you for sharing your question.  Permalip implants can be trimmed to fit smaller lips but I would recommend use of a hyaluronic acid dermal based filler as this can be adjusted in volume, and over time as your lips age.  Hope this helps.

Mouth width is 45mm and my lips are very small. Is my mouth too small for Permalip implants? Can they be custom made?

Hi, I have performed many lip augmentation procedures using dermal fillers or lip implants for over 30 years.  Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, the upper lip should be approximately 75 % the size of the lower lip for the lips to appear balanced. The lips can be augmented using a dermal filler or a Permalip implant.  Even though the shortest size of Permalip implant is 55mm's, it can be trimmed to fit a smaller lip(s).  I do not believe that they make custom implants.

Dermal filers and lip implants offer far more reliable volume to augment the lips than permanent fillers or fat injections that are also associated with increased, unwanted, side effects.

Hope this helps.

Hope this helps.