Male 20 and think I'm losing hair?

How do you know if you suffer of hearloss becouse of genetics or other factors? men from my fathers side don't have a lot of hear but men from my mothers side have thick and strong hear, and everything there. How do I know what causes my hearloss?

Genetic Hair Loss is Common

Family history is a strong factor for predicting hair loss and the pattern can include either side of the family.  If you are losing your hair and you have a family member who has lost hair, the chances are that a genetic role is at play given that androgenic hair loss is so very common.  If that is the case, the best thing to do is seek treatment right away and develop a long term plan to maintain and/or replace your hair! 

Boston Hair Restoration Surgeon

Most Common Cause of Hair Loss in Men

Male pattern balding is most common cause of hair loss in men, even 20 year old men. It is inherited from both sides of the family not just the mother's side. See your family doctor, dermatologist or Hair Restoration medical specialist for correct diagnosis and possible medical treatment.

Brian Goertz, MD
Seattle Hair Restoration Surgeon

Understanding Hair loss and treatment options: prp and progesterone

I suggest seeing a hair loss expert to evaluate and go over your condition and provide you information about your best treatment options. There are great non-invasive options like PRP/progesterone and/or hair transplantation. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Genetics

you should have a consultation with a hair restoration surgeon who can evaluate your scalp and hair, and discuss with you the non surgical options that you have available to you. Hair loss is genetic, but can be exacerbated by underlying factors. A good consultation can provide the answers that you are seeking.

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician

Male 20 and losing hair

Hello. I personally understand how frustrating it is to keep loosing hair. I will recommend that you schedule a consultation with a doctor who Specializes in Hair Loss. There are many different causes for hair loss and the best way to find and address the problem is with a consultation. Once the cause for your hair loss is determined, we can explore what will be the best treatment to implement to slow down the rate of hair loss and restore it. I will recommend that you consider a treatment to reduce the speed/stop your hairline from going further back. Treatments such as Propecia/Rogaine or PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) are proven to be very effective. The use of non surgical treatments is to be continued for life and will not restore your previous hair line but will help you maintain your existing hair.

William Yates, MD
Buffalo Grove Hair Restoration Surgeon

20 years old and losing hair

Your biggest enemy is the progressive thinning leading to a balding pattern that is not evident at this point in time. The degree of thinning that you are experiencing would suggest that you should see a doctor who most likely will get Bulk Measurements of your hair to determine the degree of the thinning that you are presently having. If the diagnosis is early genetic hair loss (the most common cause of hair loss in young men), then the best treatment would be the drug finasteride which is highly effective in men of your age and may not only stop the hair loss but possibly reverse it. If you are developing a more advanced balding pattern the HAIRCHECK test will determine the Bulk Measurements of your hair and put a number on that hair loss (a metric) and this will show, over a one-year time frame, how effective the treatment will be. Once you know this information, then you and your doctor need to develop a MASTER PLAN which will define what you need to do over the years to come.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon