How can you tell if internal sutures for lateral brow lift rip?

Right after surgery I vomited violently over and over cause I was allergic to the pain meds. My eyes swelled completely shut the same day and lasted for 3 days, my whole face was very swollen. I had a lot of pain the first days and could not fall asleep cause of it. Ive had a huge seroma in front of the incision ever since day 1, now 10 days later its still the same size if not bigger. Ive had to travel a lot and dealt with strains.. How can I know if any of my internal sutures have ripped?

Brow Lift and Possible Torn Suture After Vomiting

Thank you for your question about recovery from Brow Lift. Pictures would be helpful.

Only time will tell if the episodes of vomiting will affect your final results.  If you suddenly have significant asymmetry, then it is possible a suture may have come loose.

For specific questions like this and about your recovery in general, it is best to speak directly with your doctor or doctor’s representative – such as his or her nurse, or the physician on call for the practice.

You will likely get many differing opinions from members of the RealSelf Community, but they have not physically seen or examined you. Nobody should know you or your unique set of circumstances better than your doctor.

If you feel you are not being listened to or you are doubting your doctor’s recommendations, then it is certainly within your rights to seek a second opinion and get the advice from another board certified physician. This should be done through an in-person consultation with a thorough evaluation, including a review of your history, review of all prior treatment and for a physical examination.

Obviously, if you think that you are having a medical emergency or other serious problem, you should call 911 and/or go to your nearest emergency room.

Best Wishes.