I've had an infection in my underarm years ago. Is it safe to do IPL considering this history?

So around 5 years ago I had an infection on my left my underarm. It's been already removed but will there be any complications if I do the IPL treatment considering this?

Thanks for your query. If you don’t have any history of recurrence, then you can undergo Ipl as years old infection won’t cause any harm. Hope it helps.

All The Best

India Plastic Surgeon

IPL treatments after infections

As long as you don't have an active infection there it will be fine to do treatments. I'm thinking from your question that you are looking to do IPL for the purpose of hair removal? But just so you are aware, there are much better lasers like diode and alexandrite lasers for doing hair removal. IPL is a very outdated modality for this and not as effective. "This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."