I don't know what to do high profile or moderate plus or something else? (photo)

Hi! I'm 27years old, and 5.2/119. I'm getting a revision soon. I'm replacing my mentor mod+ 375cc, to mentor 600cc, BUT I have a huge problem with the profile. I asked about this at realself a while ago and doctors recommended me a HP implant, cause the mod+ would be too wide for me. But i don't like the way the HP look. I wan't big implants (600+) but I'm afraid that the HP won't drop as nice as mod+. I've seen pics of "high riding" HP implants. I still want more projection so what should I do?

600 high profile

A common misconception is that HP means high on the chest. High riding is the result of inconvenient settling or placement, capsular contracture, or Too big of an implant in the first place. The width of your breast and the size you want determines the need for High or moderate profile.

You may want to shop more by evaluating other patients that start at the same height and weight and dimensions of your breast. Try a computer simulation as well. That can often help.

While 600 cc implants may be the correct ones for you evaluate first.

No differance

For you case it will not make a difference especially if your going to get 600cc implants.  You should focus on looking at photos of what 600cc looks like on patients that look like you.  

Andre Aboolian, MD

Best breast implant size/profile for me (revisionary breast surgery)…

You will find that online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific advice in regards to selection of specific breast implant size/profile.  Having said that, it is true that patients who want "big implants" but do not have big frames, generally benefit from the use of higher breast implant profiles. How far the breast implants will "drop" will depend greatly on how/where the breast implant pockets are dissected. In other words, there are many variables (besides breast implant size/profile) that determine the final breast shape/position after breast augmentation or revisionary breast augmentation surgery.

Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical. 

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery (regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "D or DD cup” or "more projection etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery ( after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers). Viewing the patient's chest wall in the upright and supine positions, with temporary sizes in place, help select the best breast implant size/profile for the specific patient.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to larger breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.