Should I go to a doctor for my mole and petechiae? (photos)

I'm an 18-year-old girl with a mole that has started to worry me recently. I've had it since I was 9 and it has changed in colouring and size since, it's a lot darker now. The few darker patches are new. It was only a couple of millimeters wide back then, but now it's 1.3cm x 1cm. It doesn't hurt at all. I've also started having more petechiae on my arms and legs, it's been around as long as I've had the mole.

When in Doubt, get a consultation--Mole removal: lasers, radiowave, shave

I suggest seeing a cosmetic dermatologist for a formal evaluation. This can be removed again with lasers, radiowave or shave. See an expert for minimal scarring. Best, Dr. Emer

Changing mole

Thank you for your question. If you have a changing mole it is a good idea to have it evaluated by your doctor, dermatologist or plastic surgeon. A small biopsy can be done to determine the type of mole and if it is dangerous. If the entire mole is removed it should still be sent off for pathology to determine the type of mole and that it was entirely removed.

Best wishes!