How Do I Find a Good Facial Plastic Surgeon for Scar Revision?

Almost five months ago I suffered a relatively small laceration very close to the medial side of my left eyebrow. The laceration was approximately 3 cm in length and for the most part, although not completely, runs vertically. I would post a picture but don't have a good camera. It has not healed well as the edges are not aligned vertically. I want to consult with a facial plastic surgeon to discuss options but need advice on how to find one who regularly does these types of procedures.

Doctor Answers 1

How Do I Find a Good Facial Plastic Surgeon for Scar Revision?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You can start by searching RealSelf for Facial Plastic Surgeons in your community. You can then call those offices to confirm that they do, indeed, perform alot of scar treatments. Once you're there for your consultation make sure you have all of your questions answered and review pre- and post-scar treatment photos to ensure you're satisfied with their work. Lastly, make sure that you're provided with a discussion of all of your different treatment options. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Lone Tree Facial Plastic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.