Where Can I Find an ENT Doctor Who Also Does Rhinoplasty/septoplasty? Western Ma.

My nose is REALLY big and lumpy from all angles. It's horrifying. This year I was diagnosed with severe allergies and though I have always know my left nostril to be more closed-off and noisy when breathing, I realized when I sprayed my nasal mist in that nostril it mostly dribbles back out. When I look up there I can see the partial blockage, and congestion and dripping is worse on that side with allergy symptoms. I know insurance won't pay for rhinoplasty but I'd like both these in one visit.

Doctor Answers 2


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for the inquiry. It sounds like you would be a candidate for a septorhinoplasty. The septoplasty portion of the procedure would improve your breathing and should be covered by your insurance company. The rhinoplasty portion of the procedure would reshape your nose and improve its appearance. This part is considered cosmetic and you would be responsible for those associated costs. 

This type of surgery can be done by either a plastic surgeon or an ENT. One way to find one near you would be to ask your primary care physician. Another would be to go on the ASPS website, which will direct you to a board certified plastic surgeon. You can then do some research on the potential surgeons and look at some of their photos online.

Best of luck with your nose.

Jeff Rockmore

Rhinoplasty surgery to fix breathing problems

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Dear agatha30318,

  • A good place to start is your primary care doctor who can refer you to an ENT that he likes
  • A dermatologist is also another good referral source out there
  • The other thing you can do is to start with realself.com and look at the doctors around you, pick the ones who have the results you are looking for


Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 85 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.