How Can I Find a Doctor That is Very Skilled in Injecting Under Eye Resylane?

I am searching for a doctor who is very skilled in injecting under the eyes to fix hollows. However, I feel many doctors say they do this treatment when in reality they haven't done it often. What are the questions I should be asking and what other things should I look for? Also what is the cost to this procedure? I have heard about extremely low and high costs so I am very confused. Thanks for the help!

Doctor Answers 9

Seeking skilled Restylane injector for under eye region

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Seek the services of a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist who has ample experience with Restylane.  Don't be afraid to interview the surgeon and to inquire how much filler he believes will be required.  Prices do vary and it is important to ascertain that the surgeon will be injecting you himself and that he is using Restylane purchased from the manufacturer and not gray market goods.  Pricing should be on a per syringe basis.  Be suspicious of any extraordinarily low price as this might be suggestive that the Restylane is coming from a third party source. 

How Can I Find a Doctor That is Very Skilled in Injecting Under Eye Resylane?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The best thing you can do is see a board certified specialist and interview him/her personally.  You will get a feel for the physician and the practice and then you can make a more informed decision.  Prices vary significantly, so you will need a personal consultation. 

Sam Goldberger, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Skilled Doctor to inject Restylane under eyes

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
You should not have much trouble finding a competent Dr to inject Restylane in the under eye area in your location. (Irvine, California). The Dr should be a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic or Oculoplastic Surgeon. Most if not all will have some "before and after" photos to show you when you see them or even on the Internet.They will inject the Restylane under the muscle.

Eugene Mandrea, MD
Chicago Dermatologist
4.6 out of 5 stars 5 reviews

Fillers for the hollows under the eye.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

To find a good surgeon to do your injections, look for Board Certification.  Second, get referrals from the American Society of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.  Third, interview the doctor and fell confident that the doctor is competent.   Fourth, ask for photos or even a patient to talk to.  

As for pricing, highly trained specialists typically don't discount their prices.

David Alessi, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 18 reviews

Restylane for under eye hollows

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I frequently inject under eye hollows by injecting deeply below the muscle.  The eyelid skin is thin and deep injections help to ensure smooth results and prevent the filler from being visible as a bluish tint.  I use topical cream for numbing.  My patients rarely complain of pain when I inject this area.  There is a risk of getting a bruise as there are blood vessels in this area.  It is important to avoid blood thinners such as aspirin, ibuprofen, etc beforehand.  Many of my most satisfied filler patients have been those injected for under eye hollows.  One nice thing about HA fillers such as Restylane is that they are reversible with hyaluronidase if needed.  I would only inject an HA filler in this area. 

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 28 reviews

How Can I Find a Doctor That is Very Skilled in Injecting Under Eye Resylane?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Best to contact the offices of plastic and cosmetic surgeons and dermatologists in your area to see if they inject Restylane under the eyes and it depends what you're trying to accomplish with the Restylane.  This area has lots of vessels and quite thin skin so bruising is always a real possibility.  IMHO, it's best injected through the inside of the eyelid which obviously makes it a bit tricky but it goes below the vessels.  Best used, IMO, to fill in hollows but not to hide fat bags which are better treated with a lower eyellid surgery.

Francis R. Palmer, III, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 28 reviews

Filler injections for under eye hollows.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Many practices inject filler in this region.  If you don't know anyone who had the same procedure that can give you a positive referral, then it is best to rely on a few basic things to decide.

1) first, you need to see lots of before and after photo grafts of patients with similar features. 

    This also tells you about the experience and artistic 

2) make sure the practice has a strong reputation and you are dealing with well-trained and board certified   physicians. 

3) make sure you are a good candidate for the procedure.  Although, you may have volume loss around the lower eye,  in some cases filler is not the best choice.  In certain cases, fat transfer is a better choice because the volume loss is too advanced or extends down to the cheeks.  

I hope this helps, 

Dr. Karam

Amir M. Karam, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 124 reviews

Under Eye Restylane

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You are doing the right thing by doing your research.  There are 2 things that are important to determine: 1) the skill of the injector and 2) the product.  Please seek a board certified specialist who is a highly trained and aware of the facial anatomy and routinely does injectibles.  Additionally, please make sure that the product is directly from the manufacturer.  The cost varies with the amount of product you need so it would be hard to say without having a consultation.  

Kimberly Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 13 reviews

How Can I Find an Injector for Under Eye Injections?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hi Sarahmay.  Most practitioners will tell you that the best way is by direct referral.  If you know of anyone that has had the procedure, then that's a good start.

If not by direct referral, then you are doing the right thing by conducting your research online.  Look at sites like realself and then look for reviews of the practice.  We have an office not too far from Irvine, CA (in the city of Orange) and would be happy to see you about the procedure.  You can view some photos at the link below that show the results.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD
Los Angeles Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.4 out of 5 stars 7 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.