How Can I Find a Certified Surgeon That is Willing to Give Me (A Non TG Male) Breast Implants?

I am trying to find a board certified surgeon that is willing to do breast augmentation surgery on me, a male who is NOT transgendered (at least not in the way it is usually implied). I do not wish to have to go through months or even years of psychotherapy etc to prove that I'm competent to choose my own life path. I have thought this over for years and I really will have it done. I'd just HIGHLY prefer to do this with a board certified US/Canada surgeon then have to fly abroad to get it.

Hi There,

Here is a link to the board certified doctors in your area who are qualified to perform Breast Augmentation. Our board certified doctors under our Gender Reassignment Surgery may help you as well.

Hopefully this helps!

Doctor Answers 5

Breast augmentation in the male patient.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thanks for your question.  Indeed I am occasionally turned to the perform breast augmentation in the male patient.  Regardless of the patients gender I always attempt to make sure that the goals and the motivations are correct.  In the situation of a transgender patient I go through the same informational process that I go through with everyone.  I do believe the people have the right to choose their own life paths as long as no harm will be done. 

You should not hesitate to speak to a board certified plastic surgeon.  Your goal is not uncommon and I suspect that you will find someone who is a good fit for you.


Best wishes.


Washington DC Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 115 reviews

Breast implants for none transgender male

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

As previously noted, this is not a patient population that is particularly large, but I suspect most plastic surgeons come upon this question occasionally, myself included.  My recommendation is that you search for a certified plastic surgeon and be very candid with them during your consultation about your goals and expectations.  I have operated on transgender individuals and self-described "cross dresser's" and yes, they are different with regard to their goals.  Best of luck to you.

Breast Augmentation for Male ( Not Trans- Gender)?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for the question.
I have had the opportunity to work with several men interested in breast implants ( to feminize the chest wall).  This is a different situation from trans gender patients in transition and from men who are looking to augment their chest walls ( pectoralis implants).
Nevertheless, this subset of patients is somewhat uncommon;  it is very important to  understand patient motivation clearly and to educate  these patients about the long-term effects of having  feminized chest walls.
Best wishes.

Finding a surgeon to put breast implants in a man...

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Start with your directory of physicians and simply call each office.  They will let you know if they do or not.  Most doctors, if they can be assured you are of sound mind and understand the ramifications of your decision, would be willing to accommodate your requests.

Curtis Wong, MD
Redding Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 33 reviews

Male Breast Augmentation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

This should not be a big deal.   Just shop around in your area and you will find two or three PS that will operate on you.

Robert Kearney, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 32 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.