Fillers for Eye Troughs and Mouth Lines

If I want to address both the eye troughs and the mouth lines, can I do that with one type of filler for both or should I use different fillers? What fillers would work? Should I consider a surgical procedure?

Doctor Answers 2

Radiesse of tear throughs and nasolabial folds

I think that most fillers would work well to fill the tear troughs and mouth lines -- I am assuming that "mouth lines" refers to the nasolabial folds or parenthesis lines to the sides of the mouth. If that is the case, my prefered filler would be Radiesse. The hyaluronic acid fillers (Restylane, Perlane, Juvederm) are clear and can have a tendency to make under eye circles slightly darker. Radiesse, which is a whitish color has a tendency to lighten the circles, which I find preferable. Also, Radiesse comes in syringes with greater volume, making one syringe adequate for both the issues that are bothering you.

Naples Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.0 out of 5 stars 4 reviews

Restylane for tear troughs

I personally prefer Restylane for tear troughs. Restylane would also work well for the wrinkles around the mouth. I have used it for both for many years. I think it works extremely well and patients are very pleased with results.

Edmond A. Zingaro, MD
San Francisco Plastic Surgeon
4.1 out of 5 stars 8 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.