How Should I Fill my Cheeks and Lines? I Am Only 22. (photo)

I lost a lot of weight and my face became gaunt. I'm only 22. I have these strange lines around my mouth. It's almost as if part of my face sinks in. My cheeks are also pretty flat. I would like a little more fullness in my cheeks to make my face appear less long. What would you recommend I do?

Doctor Answers 4

Cheek Augmentation

Hello, advising form the photos you posted I recommend a longer lasting filler like Radiesse for the lines and also to give you volume in the cheeks. It will last up to a year and you may gain some weight back and be thankful that you did not permanently augment your cheeks. You need to consult with a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon who does a volume of injectables in their practice. Good luck to you.

Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 16 reviews

How Should I Fill my Cheeks and Lines? I Am Only 22.

 Aesthetically speaking the cheeks are quite flat making the face appear elongated.  This has nothing to do with your age is a measure of the anterior (front) volume of your cheek bones.  Fillers like Perlane can shape the cheeks, softening and feminizing the face.  You could also consider cheek implants for a permanent cheek augmentation.  

Francis R. Palmer, III, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 24 reviews

Fat Transfer to the face

There are key areas in the face that can  be filled with fat to correct depressions and filling the cheecks, cheek bone areas and the temples will give some roundness to the face. The length of the foregead has to be evaluated as well in the long face syndrome.

Samir Shureih, MD
Baltimore Plastic Surgeon
4.2 out of 5 stars 7 reviews

Facial changes with weight loss.

I would need to see more photos, but it looks like your cheeks are fine.  The lower part may be sagging from the weight loss.  See an experienced surgeon. 

Toby Mayer, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 34 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.