Is it ok to have alar reduction after having juvederm injection for nose done?

I had a Juvederm injection for my nose 3 weeks ago and now I'm considering to have my alar reduction. Will it affect the result of my filler injection or its longevity in any way? Since I really like it now and really wish it will last long.

Alar reduction after Juvederm injection for nose

In most cases when Juvederm is injected into the nose, it is placed on the top portion and not the alar area.  If this was the case with you, it should be fine to have alar reduction surgery 3 weeks after your Juvederm treatment.  I would recommend discussing this with your particular surgeon however.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Alar reduction.

The quick answer is yes...its ok to have alar reduction. The long answer depends on the location of the juvederm that was injected.  If the juvederm was injected into the alar region then yes it will affect the outcome.  It can still be done but it will change the outcome of how it looks from a cosmetic standpoint.  If the juvederm was used in other areas of the nose, then perhaps the alar reduction might improve the overall outcome.  Hope this helps.   

Bhupesh Vasisht, MD
Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm and surgery

It should be fine to proceed with surgery.  I would discuss the Juvederm treatment with your surgeon as to how it will affect the look after surgery.  It will depend on how much and exactly where the product was placed.  The surgery is permanent, but the Juvederm is not.

Camille Cash, MD