what product or treatment do you suggest for the deep lines on my upper lip.

Laser Rejuvenation for Lines Around Lips

Thank you for your question. Vertical lip lines are very common and can be difficult to completely eliminate. In my practice, I have had excellent results using a hyaluronic acid filler such as Restylane-Silk to soften the lines around the mouth by injecting filler directly into each line. For my patients with deeper lines around the mouth, I recommend a laser resurfacing treatment to improve the texture and appearance of these lines. Depending on the severity of your lines, you may be a good candidate for either of these procedures. I recommend scheduling an in-person consultation with a board-certified specialist for more information about which procedure is right for you. 

FILLER

You should start out with 1cc of juvederm filler and go from there. You do not want to overdo too much filler in the lips. It also depends on the look you are going for too. You can always add more filler to the lips if needed. Just remember if you are going to do your lips and you do not want to bruise you should not take any aspirins or anything that will thin the blood since brusing can occur.

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Vertical Lip Lines

Thank you for sharing your case with RealSelf.  Without a photo, it is difficult to give you specific recommendations.  In general, I like to use Juvederm or Restylane to add volume to the lips before trying Belotero or Restylane Silk to improve the vermillion border and vertical lines.  Schedule a consultation with a board certified injector to discuss your goals and concerns.  Good luck!

Samuel Baharestani, MD
Long Island Oculoplastic Surgeon

Upper Lip Lines

Thank you for your question.  It is difficult to comment without seeing a photograph.  In general, vertical lip lines are very challenging to treat.  I find that a combination of Botox and a filler such as Juvederm works best.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully address your concerns and to discuss your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes!

Lip lines

Hello, and thanks for your question. Unfortunately, without a photo, it's difficult to recommend a specific treatment plan. You'd likely benefit from a combination of fillers and Botox. I recommend an in-person consultation with a well-trained dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht. 

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

What product or treatment do you suggest for the deep lines on my upper lip.

Thank you for your question.  Though nothing replaces an in-person examination or full series of photographs I would recommend a combination of Botox to the upper lip to help limit worsening of your wrinkles and a thin dermal filler such as Belotero or Restylane Silk to improve the depth of the wrinkles.  Hope this helps.