I have light and not very deep acne scars. Are chemical peels a good solution? (photo)

#AcneScarring

Dear KylieR3:

You could have a small series of Peels, such as the #ViPeel or beta or Refinity Peels.  Another option would be a series of CoolTouch laser, which would permanently improve your acne as well as any acne scarring. Lastly, you could have a few sessions of microneedling with PRP. All of these treatments will improve your acne and any acne scarring.

All the best,   Dr. Clark

Acne scars

Thank you for your question. It is hard to see any scars in the photo, so I am assuming the scarring is very light. I would recommend that you see a board certified dermatologist  to get your acne under control first and then from there you can address the acne scars. There are various treatments that you can benefit from for acne scarring, considering that yours are very subtle a series of peel would be beneficial as well a micro needling would be a good option for you. 

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist

Acne Scarring

I think that chemical peels and/or microneedling would you be your best solution for acne scarring. I am having a hard time seeing any scarring, so it must be quite minor. I would recommend doing a series of three microneedling sessions and three chemical peels (all spaced 4-6 weeks apart), you should be pleased with the result.

Justin Harper, MD
Columbus Physician