Can A Female Whos Been A Victim of Female Circumstantial I.e Female Gentile Mutilation Be Reversed or Rejuvinated?

When i was born i was circumcised. Its a practice that my culture practices back in africa. I dont know if its due to religion or just a practice passed down from generation. It wasnt til i hit my mid teens that i reaized i was different down there. They cut off the clitoris and sew together the labia or completely remove it. Taking away the sensitivity and pleasure of sex making it agonizing and displeasing. But I want to know if it can be reversed and if so how much would it cost.

Doctor Answers 2

Reversing Female Genital Mutilation

If your clitoris was partially removed, it can probably be brought to the surface. Patients often get improved sexual stimulation with that procedure. If you have some labia or clitoral hood remaining, some reconstruction can be performed. The possibilities of reconstruction depend on your anatomy as there are major variations of FGM. 


Dr. Gary Alter


Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 21 reviews

Reversal of Clitorectomy

It is possible to restore some pleasure sensation by removing the scar tissue and thus exposing the clitoris and/or labia once again.  It is a procedure that can be done under local anesthesia with light sedation for extra comfort.  Although the reported results are variable, most women in this situation would agree that it is sure worth the effort of surgical reversal.  Glad to help... @drryanstanton

Ryan Stanton, MD
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 117 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.