I Feel the Implant in my Right Nipple? (photo)

Hello, please help me, I just hade my third breast augmentation 450cc subglandular aereola scar Eurosilicone brand and the left breast is bigger than the other one and harder, the right one is softer, smaller and moves around and when I lay down goes to my armpit, my big concern is why I feel the implant in my right nipple and is pointing down, both of them still in pain specially the left one" the bigger one" I still doing the massages please help me. Thanks!!!

I Feel the Implant in my Right Nipple?

Though you posted nice photos your issues need in person evaluation. Also sub pectoral placement might be of benefit. Seek in person evaluations. 

Feels the Implant Through the Right Nipple

It may be best to speak to your doctor. It is very possible you are able to feel a part of your #implant due to it's placement. There are some studies that report a lesser incidence of firm #capsules with #placement behind the pectoralis muscle. If you developed firm capsules and your implants were submammary (behind the breast tissue) then conversion to a submuscular position should be considered. This placement is particularly better for the very thin patient who has little breast or fat in the upper part of their chest. In most circumstances, those patients with ptosis (#sagging) require placement above the muscle in a #submammary position or under the muscle combined with a #mastopexy (breast lift) for contour purposes.

I suggest beginning with an in-person #evaluation with your original surgeon, or, with a board certified plastic surgeon. Additional elective cosmetic #surgery is a personal choice. Your procedures should always be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire.

Be advised that each patient is unique and previous results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic. With any surgical procedure, there are some risks which your doctor will discuss with you during your consultation. Most importantly, communication  and asking questions of your surgeon and the staff are key.

I feel the Implant

With all the surgeries you have had through the periareolar incision it may be normal to feel the implant. If the implants are saline the valve is hard and sometimes palpable. i would ignore it.

Howard N. Robinson, MD (retired)

Subglandular May be the Problem

In my 45+ years of experience this problem is most likely due to the subglandular placement.  Why is this?  When you do implants over the muscle you do not have much in the way of space between the nipple and the implant,whereas, if the implants are submuscular they have the advantage of having an extra layer between the implant and the nipple thus providing a thicker covering over the implant.  Massaging will not make any difference.  My patients do not massage because I do not believe this changes anything nor prevents any problems

I am sorry for your grief and hope you get the correct treatment.

Robert B. Winslow MD FACS

Robert B. Winslow, MD (in memoriam)
Folsom Plastic Surgeon