What Procedures Would Benefit Aging Jowels and Sagging Skin? (photo)

I Feel Like my Face is Aging Really Fast (Jowels, Sagging Skin,etc) Help! What procedures would I benefit from??

Face surgery Now?

You do not appear to have a need for any facial cosmetic surgery. Remember that plastic surgery procedures are really not prophylactic but address your present appearance and what can be done at that time and not what may or may not be your appearance in the future. i.e. I am starting to look like my mother and I don't like it. Be carefull of weight fluctuations as around age 30 your skin starts to lose its ability to take up the slack after a weight loss.  

Sagging face

You do not have a sagging face.  I would advise against any treatment, including injectables.  You do no need them.  Save your money.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Youngs faces don't benefit from facelift surgery

You have no facial jowling, neck laxity or skin sagging. You don't need, and would not benefit from, a face lift. Patients in your age group can benefit from facial volume enhancement of the lips, cheeks, and regions around the eyes. These minimally invasive treatment are effective and repeatable. You don't need surgery.

Neck Rejuvenation

You don't have enough laxity to require surgery.  You actually have a very youthful appearance.  The best advice is to minimize the impact of aging with a good diet, avoid sun exposure, stay hydrated, moisturize, and use antioxidants liberally.

Stay young!

David Alessi, MD

Procedure that May Benefit Aging Jowels and Sagging Skin

If you feel that your face does not reflect how young you feel inside, you may be a candidate for a facelift.
During your #consultation, your skin texture and elasticity, as well as your underlying skin structure and your facial bone structure will be evaluated. Based on this evaluation, your board certified plastic surgeons will create a custom surgical plan, detailing specific techniques and recommendations to meet your goals. In doing so, he or she should be sure to have a full understanding of what results you expect.
If you are not a #candidate, your surgeon can make other suggestions to address your concerns and objectives.
Patients who desire facial rejuvenation that is affordable, quick, and effective should consider the Lite-lift™. Like the Life-Style™ facelift, this is a modified facelift that can be performed in the office with a local anesthetic and improve signs of aging around the neck, jawbone and lower face. These procedures are not "Thread-lifts" or "String-lifts". We do not use the "barbed" sutures employed in these other lifting operations. The Lite-lift™ uses longer lasting techniques that are discussed below. Because the incisions are limited, there is less bruising, swelling and healing time for most patients. Many patients can be back to work in one to two weeks looking rested and more youthful.
The best candidates for #LiteLift are patients 35-60 years old with early changes of the lower face and the neck. Older patients who cannot or do not wish to have a longer operation or general anesthetic can be improved with a Lite Lift™.
Lite Lift™ surgery is individualized for each patient. The best candidates for Lite Lift™ surgery have a face and neck line beginning to sag, but whose skin has elasticity and whose bone structure is well defined and do not smoke.

Proper assessment prior to facial cosmetic surgery.

A proper preop assessment to identify what aging features will be addressed is crucial to the success of facial rejuvenation surgery.  I agree with other responses that you do not have significant jowl formation or sagging skin.

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS, FRCSC.

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Aging Jowls and Sagging Skin

You do not have jowls but you can improve the quality of your skin and slow down the inevitable aging process with good skin care. When I see patients like you I recommend that they consult with the aesthetician in our clinic.

Dear Guapa82,

Based on the pictures you have posted, I would not recommend a facelift.  I see no jowls/sagging skin.  You are young and don't need a facelift.

If you feel that you need some facial rejuvenation, I suggest that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.  I suspect their advice will be similar.  Save your money.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

A facelift should not be done too early in life.

Photograph demonstrates the patient with youthful face. Any minor contour abnormalities are best handled by fillers. It is too early for facelift.

Fascial changes of aging

Your pictures do not show any  jowls or facial aging. You are not ready for a facelift. A facelift involves tightening facial and neck laxity, tightening the neck muscles, and removal of fat above and below the platysma muscle.  A facelift is usually performed on patients in their 50s and 60s. Please see our  facelift  photo gallery for examples of what a facelift can accomplish.