I'm a little worried about my scar on my breast augmentation. (photos)

I have 2 weeks post, I would like know if this is normal?

Post op BA scar

This scar looks well within the expected norm for 2 weeks after breast augmentation. It can take scars up to 1 year to become fully mature (as pale and soft as they will ultimately be). Have patience, you'll likely have a lovely result.

Scar looks normal

at this point... and it should get better with time.  Your ethnicity will also impact how you scar after surgery and that cannot be changed.  If you're worried about your scar, talk to your surgeon about modalities that are used to help with improving the outcome of scars.  I personally only recommend scar products if there is some worsening of the scar.  Fine lines do not need it.  Nor do red fine lines.

Curtis Wong, MD

Incision at two weeks

The incision looks fine for 2 weeks after surgery. The only scar treatment with solid medical evidence is silicone strips. The scar will mature and fade over the next 6-12 months. Follow your surgeons recommendations on scar massage and/or UV avoidance. Best of luck.

2 weeks post op

The photo you posted is completely normal at 2 weeks out from surgery. The scar will continue to lighten as the weeks go on, 2 weeks is very early in the healing process. Good luck with healing.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon

Scar

Hello, it looks like your scar is doing well overall. You are still very early in this process. Discuss scar management with you PS. They may recommend massage with an ointment or scar cream. We generally use taping long term or vitamin E oil massage. Good Luck. 

Breast Augmentation Recovery

I use a the Keller funnel to introduce the implant into the pocket. This allows the implant to not touch the skin which possibly lowers the infection rate and capsular contracture. But mainly it allows me to create a smaller incision and subsequent scar. My patients use nothing for 30 days then start a silicone based scar cream for three months.

Frank J. Ferraro, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Worried about scar 2 weeks post-op

Thank you for your question and photo.  Probably too soon to evaluate your scar - all looks fine so far.  Best of luck.

Breast augmentation - are my scars normal?

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

• Your scars as shown in the photon look fine for this stage.
  • Usually these scars heal fine by their own in time, 
  • But if they get thick or you want to protect them, ask your surgeon to tape them or to suggest a silicone sheeting.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

I'm a little worried about my scar on my breast augmentation.

Two weeks after surgery is relatively early in the healing process. Scars take a full year to mature completely. If there any questions, bring them up with your plastic surgeon when you see them. They will talk with you about their recommendations to improve the appearance of scars after surgery.

In my office I use silicone-gel/sheeting, scar massage, and aggressive use of sunscreen for the first year.

Early Scarring

Thank you for your question. The photo you have provided shows a very typical early scar. I tell my patients that at two weeks they will have a fine line incision that will then become slightly redder around the edges over the next 4 to 6 weeks. At the 8 to 12 week period the redness tends to begin to fade and will continue to improve for a full 12 to 18 months. I also suggest my patients use silicone gel sheeting on the scars, beginning at 2 weeks, to speed up the maturation process.

This is a very typical 2 week scar and should go on to become a light, excellent scar.

Good luck with your recovery.