North Carolina surgeons for labiaplasty?

I have decided I am going to get Labiaplasty. I've already consulted with an office in Fayetteville NC but I am undecided if I want the procedure to be done there. By chance if possible could someone recommend a doctor near my area or point me in the right direction. Of course I would consult before making my final decision. I'm just having a hard time finding an experienced surgeon.
Click here to search for board certified surgeons in your area.

If you live in the middle of nowhere, travel for your labiaplasty

This is a no-brainer. Finding an expert is easy if you expand your search to include air travel. North Carolina is within 2 hours of every labiaplasty expert on the East Coast. My office is 15 minutes from Newark Liberty International Airport and lower Manhattan. Fly in on a Thursday, return to work on Monday, stay in the New York area for the weekend. Done deal. Your alternative is to stay local, get botched and post a sad story.

North Carolina labiaplasty surgeon

A labiaplasty with a clitoral hood reduction can reduce your size. However, it must be performed by a surgeon with experience. I don't know of one in NC. One of the two most common labiaplasty techniques is the central wedge technique, which I invented in 1995 and published in the plastic surgery textbooks. It is also known as the "V" or wedge technique. Gynecologists and most plastic surgeons perform a labioplasty very differently. They essentially trim the labia minora (inner vaginal lips) and leave a long suture line instead of the normal labial edge. Their technique is the same whether a scalpel or a laser is used. In contrast, the central wedge removes triangles of tissue and bring the normal edges together. Thus, the normal labial edges, normal color, and normal anatomy are preserved, but the darkest labial tissue is usually removed. If you have extra tissue on your clitoral hood, it can be reduced at the same time. Your clitoral hood is thick, wide, and protuberant. It can be decreased somewhat by reducing the sides. I pioneered a clitoropexy with clitoral hood reduction in which the clitoris is pushed closer to the pubic bone and the width, thickness, length, and protuberance of the clitoral hood can be decreased. No matter the technique, an inexperienced or unskilled surgeon can lead to a high rate of complications, chronic scar discomfort, labial deformities, and further surgery.

Gary J. Alter, M.D.

Beverly Hills, CA - Manhattan, NY

Gary J. Alter, MD

Surgeons for labiaplasty

Thank you for your question.  I have had patients travel from all over the world for this procedure. Do not be afraid to travel to find a cosmetic-plastic gynecologist who is reputable and makes you feel comfortable. Make sure to see many, many before and after photos of HIS/HER work and that the surgery will be performed in an accredited surgical center.  All of the best with your selection of an experienced surgeon for this most intimate surgery.

Take Care,
Dr. Serrao

TRAVEL

Yes, this sounds very self serving, but TRAVEL to have this done, especially if you don't feel comfortable. DONT SETTLE!
The worst outcome would be to need a revision. Not a lot of doctors understand this procedure. It is not just a simple trim...

You are correct.

Experience is what matters. This operation, when done correctly by an experienced surgeon, has an extraordinarily high patient satisfaction and very low risk of complications. It is an outpatient procedure that generally takes less than an hour, and simply requires careful adherence to post-operative instructions, which are basic and common sense. An experienced plastic surgeon or gynecologist who routinely performs labiaplasty would be your recommended destination. Best of luck to you. 

Ram Kalus, MD
Mount Pleasant Plastic Surgeon

North Carolina Surgeon?

Dear Skole2016

I appreciate your question and desire to have surgery in your home state but I would encourage you to do your research and search for the best possible surgeon you can find.   Botched surgeries are all too common and judging from this website more common than even I thought.  Every week there is someone on here complaining about the results of their labiaplasty.  I recommend you choose a surgeon wisely.  Choose  a surgeon with a vast amount of experience with expertise and who has gotten great results. 

Though a board certified plastic surgeon might be helpful it does NOT mean they have the experience nor does it give a better guarantee as to great results.  The surgical results are only as good as the surgeon performing the surgery and his experience.    I am board certified gynecologist and board certified urogynecologist with vast experience in cosmetic vaginal surgery.  Gynecologists operate on vaginas weekly and do not specialize in other areas of the body life face lifts, breasts or butt lifts.  Choose a surgeon who specializes in vaginal cosmetic surgery.  Do NOT let distance dictate your decision.

John R Miklos MD
Urogynecologist & Cosmetic Vaginal Surgeon
Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your decision to pursue a labiaplasty! It is wise of you to do your research and find a surgeon with whom you feel comfortable and who can demonstrate understanding of your desired goals.  If you do not find surgeons in your area that are well-versed in this surgery stretch your circle to find one who does.  This type of procedure is one that you should investigate thoroughly and do not allow distance to be a factor.  I am attaching a link to the american society of plastic surgeons website that will allow you to search for board-certified plastic surgeons in your area that may be useful.