Liposuction, mini tummy tuck or full tummy tuck? (Photo)

Based on these photos would you recommend mini tt, full tt, or lipo? Going for ba revision soon so figured if I'm going to be under sedation I might as well take care of my tummy. I have been able to improve it with diet and exercise but have always had excess fat around my belly button. I am a bit bloated in the first 5 photos.

Choosing the correct procedure

Choosing the correct procedure is based on first making an accurate diagnosis.

Liposuction removes subcutaneous fat only.

Before abdominoplasty primarily treats skin laxity and muscle separation from previous pregnancies.

A mini abdominoplasty generally removes a small amount of skin from the lower abdomen.

The mini generally only treats skin below the belly button.

it's also limited in its ability to tighten the muscles that may be separated from previous pregnancies.

It's a little hard to tell from your pictures what your primary underlying diagnosis is.

The treatment choice should be based on your primary, secondary and tertiary diagnoses.

For example if you have never had a pregnancy and have no muscle separation then a full abdominoplasty would be out of the question at least based on your pictures which showed good skin elasticity.

If your muscle layers are tight and you have a pinchable layer of fat then liposuction may be appropriate.

liposuction can be done while awake and has a relatively easy recovery.

A full abdominoplasty on the other hand is a drastic procedure with a very hard recovery.
I suggest having a few in person consultations with board-certified plastic surgeon who can offer each of these procedures.

If you get consistent recommendations then you should be able to choose the correct procedure with good confidence.

Based on your pictures and argument could be made that you don't need any procedure.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Liposuction, mini tummy tuck or full tummy tuck?

Based on your photos, liposuction seems to be the best choice. A side view with your abdominal muscles as relaxed at possible would also be of help, but your resting abdominal tone seems pretty good. You also don't seem to have stretch marks, which is also helpful. Good luck with your surgery.

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting With or Without Tummy Tuck

Its hard to tell based on the photos but likely a hi definiton procedure is all you need.  If skin is needed to be removed it can be done at the same time.  Please see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Liposuction versus tummy tuck

Unless you have loose skin that is bothering you, I would recommend the liposuction, however, you need a full evaluation by your plastic surgeon before making this decision.

Abdominal contouring

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for liposuction.  However, only an in-person evaluation will be able to fully answer this.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. With good surgical technique, you could have an outstanding result. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Liposuction or some kind of tummy tuck for tummy fat

Thank you for asking about your liposuction or tummy tuck.

• Your photos suggest that liposuction is the best procedure for your tummy -
  • An exam is needed to be sure.
  • Yes, it makes sense to combine this with your breast augmentation revision.
  • Hope all goes well.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos, it appears that you would be a good candidate for liposuction.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Liposuction versus abdominoplasty.

From the photographs I think you are a legitimate candidate for either liposuction or a more formal abdominoplasty. This would depend upon your expectations. If reduction of projection of the abdomen only is desired liposuction should serve you well. The skin appears to be in good condition. The tightest and flattest abdomen would come from an abdominoplasty although this is a much more significant procedure

Liposuction, tummy tuck or mini tummy tuck?

Thank you for your question. Your photos don´t show any excess of skin or skin damage which makes you a great candidate for liposuction. With liposcution  fat can be removed to strategically sculpt the body and accentuate feminine curves. The skin then retracts over the new shape to give the final result.
That said, you definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.
A key quality indicator is Board Certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.