Do you think an implant should be used on African American patients with thick skin for rhinoplasty? (Photo)

Do you think my procedure was done correctly? I'm asking because this was my second revision rhinoplasty surgery where an implant was used. How can you ensure that a nose implant is straight and stable so that it doesn't bend? This last implant was placed slightly diagonal and I brought it to my doctor's attention a week after surgery and he thought my nose was just swollen. What should I do?

Open rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for the questions.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, After having analyzed all the info. and photos provided to us, i recommend you perform an Open Full Rhinoplasty, includding narrowing of the nasal base and nostrils, with nasal bones treatment (controled fracture) and alar + triangular nasal cartilages re-shaping.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Kind regards

Rhinoplasty on thick skin

Hello. Thank you for your questions. It may take up to a year for your new nose to fully refine. During your recovery period, swelling may come and go and you will notice gradual changes in appearance of your nose as the months go by. You should seek consultation with your surgeon for specific advice on treating the swelling to a minimum. I wish you the best of luck!

Peter Newen, MD

Nose

kandymann, you need to follow up with your surgeon and take his/her's advice for at least 6 months to a year. After that time period if you are still unhappy seek the opinion of an experienced surgeon that does "only faces" and is board certified. See video. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon