Certified surgeon for liposuction on flanks in my area?

I have, what some people call, a muffin top. I can't wear anything that is low rise and my clothes has to be loose around my mid section. I literally ooze out of my jeans, especially when i sit. It gives my body an odd boxed shape and it's bad enough I'm already a wide framed female. I'm looking for someone who is certified, affordable, and does amazing work in the NC, NJ, or NY area. Just my flanks... thank you.

Doctor Answers 4


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hello and thank you for your question. The best advice you can receive is from an in-person consultation.  You may be a candidate for waistline contouring liposuction of your abdomen, flanks, and lower back.  This can greatly improve your overall shape with a smaller waist.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon (American Board of Plastic Surgery) who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

New York Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 174 reviews


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}


Please come check us out.  I am a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and I only operate in a JACHO accredited facility with a Board Certified Anesthesiologist performing the anesthesia.  Safety and good cosmetic outcomes are my goals.  We offer complimentary consultations.

Saira Saini, MD
Fayetteville Plastic Surgeon
4.3 out of 5 stars 6 reviews

Flank liposuction - fabulous work affordably?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

  • I suggest you go to the website of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and search for plastic surgeons in or near your zip code.
  • Call surgeons whose websites appeal to you -
  • You can get a general idea of the cost by calling but cannot know the final cost until a consultation.
  • I don't know what 'affordable' means to you but North Carolina is likely to be less expensive than the New Jersey/New York area, at least near Manhattan.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction in the Flanks

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thanks for your question. Liposuction can be a good answer to the "muffin top" so many people have as it frequently is difficult to reduce the contour of this area. It also depends on how much elasticity your skin has as opposed to skin laxity to determine how well the skin will shrink down to conform to the new contour after the liposuction is completed. Surgery is usually performed as an outpatient, most commonly in our office-based surgical centers. Decreasing the fatty deposits in this area is a great way to improve the contour. An alternative to surgery is CoolSculpting, which is a non-surgical treatment that freezes your fat deposits, permanently removing the fat cells treated. The "muffin top" is a common area treated with CoolSculpting. You can be evaluated for both treatments by a board-certified Plastic Surgeon who can give you their opinion as to which procedure would be best for you. Good luck!

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.