Butt Implants or BBL? Is there a certain amount of fat you need? (photos)

I'm looking to get a Brazilian butt lift or butt implants ! Is there a certain amount of fat you need to have to get a BBL?

Lipo + BBL, some advices:

Thanks for the question. 

In this regard, I recommend you waist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour.

Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).

Kind regards 

Hello, based on you'r photo's you are a candidate for the Brazilian Butt Lift however you need to expect moderate results such as better shaping and contouring not much projection but natural results best of wishes and good luck doll.

Butt Implants or BBL? Is there a certain amount of fat you need?

Thinner patients can still undergo the liposuction and fat transfer procedures with surgeons skilled at these procedures.

BBL or Gluteal Implants

Thank you for your question. You seem to be a good candidate for a BBL. A board certified plastic surgeon should be able to find enough fat to give you increased fullness and your desired aesthetic. If your surgeon determines that you do not have enough fat to meet you goals, you could choose implants or a combination of the two. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Depends on your desired result

The larger you want your butt to be, the more fat you will need available for harvesting.  We can usually find fat in areas that you didn't realize it existed, though!  I don't personally like using implants because of the higher complication rate.

John Zannis, MD
New Bern Plastic Surgeon

BBL

If you have adequate fat pockets for harvesting and are in good health, you would be a candidate for a BBL. The fat can be harvested from multiple areas on your body and injected into the buttocks to build it up and give you that curvier silhouette. Sometimes, this procedure needs to be staged to achieve your cosmetic goals because injecting too much fat at once can increase the chance of more fat cells not surviving. I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to have a physical evaluation done to see if you are a good candidate or not. Based on your photographs, it is hard to determine if you have enough fat to achieve your cosmetic goals so I would recommend making an appointment for an in-person evaluation. When I perform a BBL, I will evaluate the patient’s body to make sure that they are a good candidate for the Brazilian butt lift. It will also be assessed as to which areas will be liposuctioned. Depending on the amount of fat necessary to fill the buttocks/hip area, multiple donor sites on the body may be considered. After liposuction has been performed, a closed sterile system is used which ensures the fat tissue is never exposed to the air. This keeps it safe and purified for reinjection into the buttocks. Our plastic surgery office uses P188, a triple-wash antibiotic that sterilizes the tissue and separates the healthy fat from any tissue that may not survive the transfer process. I will then reinject the fat to make sure that the layering is done properly, effectively and that the results are smooth and shapely. I would recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to have a physical examination done and review of your medical history to see if you are a good candidate for a BBL. Best of luck!
Sincerely,
James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for the question and photo... From the photo is difficult to evaluate and give you a opinion. Please repost this with clinical pictures to help you. Thanks

Luis A. Mejia, MD