With arm lipo and Brazilian butt lift, how long should I keep garments on?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. I recommend you to have your garments on for at least 6 months 24 seven to get better results, compression is always good when is well used.

I recommend for my patients to wear compression for 4-6 weeks 24/7 except when they are taking a shower. Good compression can really help to tighten the skin and smooth out the results after liposuction. It also decreased your chances of a seroma as it closes down the space where fluid can collect. 

I advise my patients to keep their garments on for 3-6 weeks but everyone's preference is different. Check with your surgeon's office to be sure you understand their protocol. Best wishes. 

I like patients to wear them for 3-6 weeks. You should touch base with your surgeon to determine  what his preference is.

I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon and ask them about their aftercare protocols because each surgeons differ slightly based on their beliefs and technique. I recommend that your garments be worn at all times for 4 weeks from the day of surgery to help resolve swelling. I hope this helps.

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz