I'm a 24-year-old male & I'm just wondering, how many grafts would be needed to fill in the temporal corners? (photos)

My temporal corners began to recede when I turned 22. I recently started using anti-hair loss shampoos with DHT blockers to prevent any further recession/hair loss. I still desire to have my corners filled in to give my hairline a more flat & even look rather than this uneven V-shape. Which brings me to the question regarding the amount of grafts it would take to get this done. It's nothing drastic. I've been told it would require 1,200-1,500 grafts. Any feedback is welcome. Thanks

Ask a Surgeon During a Consultation

Thank you for providing photos along with your question. As you've said, the extent of your procedure would be minor, and the estimate you've provided may well be accurate. However, it's important to have your scalp examined closely during a consultation with a surgeon who has performed similar transplant procedures to the temporal corners. Check before-and-after photos for results that match what you want to achieve, as well. One more thing to keep in mind: If you regularly wear your hair as short as it is in the photos, you will likely want to go with the NeoGraft (FUE) method to avoid any horizontal scar lines on the back of your scalp. Good luck!

Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Photos cannot assess if you would be a candidate for surgery. Usually this involves seeing a doctor in person.

Photos cannot assess if you would be a candidate for surgery.  Usually this involves seeing a doctor in person.  If you were told you may need 1200 to 1500 grafts it may be reasonable but what happens if you continue to lose more hair as you age?   You have to also understand your results may not be worthwhile if you keep your hair so short.

Hair transplant surgery is not always about "how many grafts". It is about you understanding what is possible and having realistic expectations.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Filling in the temple corners

From the pictures you supplied, it looks like you have developed a mature nale hairline and you should think twice about changing it

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Restoring the front-temporal corners?

XxBrycexX,

Thanks for the question. It all depends on the size of the area and how thick you want the results to be. A 1200-1500 graft procedure should be fine.

Sincerely,

Bernardino A. Arocha, MD

Bernardino Arocha, MD
Houston Hair Restoration Surgeon