Am I a good candidate for Mommy makeover. I have a lap band that I would like removed. Can this happen at the same time? (photo)

37yo, 5'6", 165 (plan to loose another 10lbs before any procedure) I've had four kids all vaginally and I would really like a flat stomach, smaller waistline, and not to have a muffintop. Also, I like my breast but would like to see if there is a way to firm them up a bit. Interested in suggestions tonachive that goal. Thank you!

Am I a good candidate for Mommy makeover. I have a lap band that I would like removed. Can this happen at the same time

Thank you for your question. Without an examination and looking at photos, you appear to be a great candidate for a mommy makeover.  A tummy tuck, liposuction of the lower back, and breast implants with or without implants would give you a fantastic result.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.  Review  many before and after photos. Make sure your comfortable with your surgeon and staff.   Lap band can be removed at the time of surgery by a general/bariatric surgeon. Best Wishes.

In regards to your question about the lap band, this could be removed at the same time as your mommy makeover. This would require the presence of a general surgeon to remove the lap band during the abdominoplasty. Based on your photos, I think that you are a good candidate for an abdominoplasty with liposuction of the muffin tops. As for your breasts, there are a couple of options; small breast implant and /or breast lift.

Planning mommy make-over

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.

• Yes, your photos suggest that you are a good candidate for a mommy make.over.
  • Your plastic surgeon and bariatric surgeon need to talk before knowing if this can be combined with removing the lap band.
  • The risk is that done together, will increase your risk of infection.
  • Losing another 10 pounds is a great plan - it  will improve your result.
  • A consultation is needed to decide what is best for your breasts -
  • Loosness of the breasts is usually from lost volume and a small implant is usually the best approach.
  • Hope you and your family are doing well.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Mommy Makeover

Once your weight is stable for atleast 6 months with the lap band empty, then discussion with your bariatric and plastic surgeon should proceed.  Your photos suggest that you would benefit from a lipoabdominoplasty.  The appropriate breast procedure requires a long discussion of your goals and an evaluation of your skin envelope.  Best wishes

Craig Harrison, MD, PA
Tyler Plastic Surgeon

Am I a good candidate for Mommy makeover. I have a lap band that I would like removed. Can this happen at the same time?

Thank you for your question.  You appear to be a candidate for a mommy makeover procedure.  A flatter belly should definitely be possible but discuss the degree to which it can be corrected with your surgeon.  Discuss the possibility of combining the mommy makeover procedure with lap band removal with your general surgeon and plastic surgeon.

I recommend consulting with one or more board certified plastic surgeons in your area to discuss your options.

Hope this helps!

Mommy makeover

Mommy makeover is a common combination in plastic surgery.  Your abdominal contour can be improved with an abdominoplasty but I would check in with your bariatric surgeon to assess weight stability and readiness.  Second, I would discuss options for a breast lift with or without a small implant to enhance your breasts.  Take care and good luck!

John Y.S. Kim, MD, FACS

The Perfect Mommy Makeover

From your photos you look like a great candidate for Mommy Makeover.  You might consider a combination breast augmentation, tummy tuck, and liposuction to the back, love handles, thighs along with Brazilian butt lift. 

For the breast augmentation the keys are to fill out the upper and lower parts of the breast with the right implant and to place it in a way that looks relatively natural. I prefer the inframammary incision and cohesive silicone gel (gummy bear) implants in a submuscular position. We can decide on size together and will combine a proven formula based on measurements of the rests and chest along with through discussions of your desires. Photos of ideal breasts and results from patients with similar breasts are often very helpful in the discussion. For the body procedures, our central approach with these procedures is to provide a 360 degree improvement in order to get a flat abdomen, and to maximize feminine curves. For the abdomen a tummy tuck will flatten the abdomen, cinch in the waist, and remove excess fat and damaged skin from the lower abdomen. Liposuction to the back, hips and thighs will give you a lean appearance and accentuate the hour glass figure. For the butt I usually prefer augmentation / lifting through fat grafting. We refine fat removed during liposuction and then inject into the buttocks to create the shape we have planned together.

Combination procedures are safe and very effective in the right hands. The surgeon has to be an expert in each procedure and must have a lot of experience in performing combination procedures and can minimize the operative time. For example, we work in a team, which allows us to get better results with less surgical time and less trauma. Our patients are typically walking the day after surgery theand tapering off of pain medications within a week. By then, our international patients are generally touring around Cartagena enjoying the sites..

Best to run your plan by your bariatric and plastic surgeons.  Ideally, you will be at your long-term stable weight and not experience significant weight fluctuations after body contouring surgery.

Keep in mind, that it should not be a problem having the tummy tuck surgery with a lap band port in place. It does not have to be deflated. The position of the port often needs to be adjusted during the procedure; sometimes the port is more palpable after the tummy tuck procedure than prior.

Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Mommy Makeover

From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for the procedure, provided your health is otherwise acceptable. You would need to discuss with your bariatric and plastic surgeons the possibility and whether or not it is even wise to remove the port/band. I do many lap band patients and do the surgery with the port in place. It has never presented an issue.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Mommy Makeover

Based solely on your photos, you look to be an excellent candidate for a Mommy Makeover. I would advise you to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area (link below) whose work you like to discuss the best options for you -- breast lift, tummy tuck, liposuction. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD