I am 7 months post FUE op. What are your thoughts on my current progress? (Photo)

I'm a 29 year old male that decided to have a FUE transplant. My main goal was to fill in my receding hairline. 1,650 grafts were transferred from my donor area. I'm currently 7 months post op. The hair in the front has grown in, but the hairs in the fill area have not. At my 6 month check up the doctor was not concerned. He said that they were 2/3/4 hair clusters and it takes longer. What do you think? The arrows point to the front hairs. The area behind is what I'm concerned about.

7 Months Growth

You're not at a point where you should feel concerned yet. Give it a few more months, if by month 10 there is still some significant unevenness or other issue, then that is when you should talk to your doctor about it. It can take some people up to 9 months before they even start seeing results, you could just be a late bloomer in this regard.

Santa Monica Hair Restoration Surgeon

It can take six to twelve month after a hair transplant surgery to see results. If you are concerned it is best to check with y

It can take six to twelve month after a hair transplant surgery to see results.  If you are concerned it is best to check with your doctor.  If your doctor was not concerned at 6 month follow up, go back in 12 months.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

7 months after hair transplant

It does not look like all of the grafts have grown out yet. You may have to wait for the rest of the growth another 2-3 months. By the 10th month, what you see will reflect better than 90% of what will grow

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Give it more time

First of all, congrats on your hair transplant. Now you are facing the tough part of the procedure which is to give it the time it needs to grow. You can see good results at around 7 months after your procedure, but you need to give it some time and you will see the results.
I can advise you to complement your procedure with some non-surgical treatments such as Laser Therapy or PRP (Platelet-Rich Plasma). They help your hair grow thicker and healthier.
Best of lucks!

William Yates, MD
Chicago Hair Restoration Surgeon

7 months post FUE, how is the progress

razorbackfanforlife,It is still early at 7 months post op. You are seeing some growth, so I would not worry at this point. Most of the follicles should be grown in by 12 months.
Bernardino A. Arocha, MD

Bernardino Arocha, MD, FISHRS
Houston Hair Restoration Surgeon