Not wearing a bra once breasts have been lifted and healing process is complete?

I am thinking of getting my breasts lifted. I am currently a size 34E. After the procedure and once my breasts have healed after wearing a sports bra for several weeks, would I then be able to not wear a bra for most days of the week? Many thanks

Breast Lift / Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

No bras, straps or appliances will create something that was not created in surgery

After breast surgery I find no particular advantage to the use of surgical bras. In fact, I find that they can do more harm than good. 

Post-Op Healing from Breast Lift

The patient will go home in a bra or with only light dressings over the incision lines. Sutures are dissolvable but an ending knot, if present is removed within 1-2 weeks. Initial discomfort is easily controlled with oral medication. Light activities may be started in 7-10 days. If you have found that you are having difficulty with the healing process then you should not hesitate to see your surgeon in person to have the area evaluated and make sure that healing is moving along well. Best of luck to you!

Breast lift healing process.

The short answer to the question is yes.  You should be able to go without a bra.  The determining factor will be to what degree the lift happens and what technique is employed to do the reduction and lift.  Good luck.  Hope this help. Enjoy your transformation.Dr Vasisht

Bhupesh Vasisht, MD
Voorhees Plastic Surgeon